Voice of Wesco

Characters near right edge of vinyl "messed up"

First time submitting here - how long should calibration take?  My Titan III was messing up just the characters near the front right edge of the vinyl plus one or two farther down the right edge.  I fixed the blade offset, made sure the rollers were lined up, tightened the thumbscrews and I have the cutter set up with the edge of the vinyl 1" from the right side.  Then I cleaned the surface under the vinyl and believe I discovered the problem, but now calibration is taking forever!!  How long should it take, and is there anything I'm missing?  Thank you in advance for your help!

Show some pictures.  Which cutting software?  What do you mean "messing up" ?  How large are the characters?   What calibration?   Tightened the thumbscrews?  I hope you didn't mess with the pinch roller adjustment. 

We don't know how you set your blade depth, but this is the correct way. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Thank you.  It's VinylMaster software; I don't have my camera (phone) atm but I am sure the characters being cut incorrectly was due to some gunk on that white plastic strip along the cutting surface.  Casey helped me set my blade depth last Friday, so I had that down.  I was trying to run the blade offset calibration just to be 100% sure I had everything set up properly, but once I cleaned that surface, the cutter isn't "messing up" any characters along the right edge.  My main concern is why the blade offset calibration procedure seemed to be "stuck" at 9.75% progress.

Uscutter is showing people the wrong way to set blade depth,  we see it all the time. So how did you set your blade depth?  Above IS the correct way.    I don't know anything about setting the blade offset in Vinyl Master, but you should have a TEST feature on your vinyl cutter. Use it. Make sure the square has sharp corners.  Your welcome.   Your test cut should look like this below

test cut.JPG

Thank you.  The only thing Casey at US Cutter had me do differently to set the blade offset was cut through Post-It notes instead of the vinyl - it's supposed to cut through the first two, which it did.  The test cut was fine as well.  For now, cleaning that plastic strip seems to have done the trick; if I ever have to run the blade offset calibration in VinylMaster, I will check this forum or call Support.  (I use my cutter to make decals (lettering) to affix to the sides of boat trailers - that's what we manufacture here at Wesco.)

That is not the correct way to set blade depth. Techs come and go there. We are REAL users, Post it notes are not the thickness of vinyl. You should be setting  the blade depth to the vinyl that you are using. If you use a different vinyl thickness, thicker, then you would do the blade depth test to THAT vinyl.   UScutter rarely ever comes to this  forum. You don't need to use that calibration. You can change the blade offset right in your software, at 0.05  plus or minus to get that perfect square. The TEST cut is what your going by. Sharp corners. 

This is NOT blade offset:  " blade offset was cut through Post-It notes instead of the vinyl"

That is blade depth setting.   Blade offset is something totally different. 

• Like 2