Wind Gatherer

Have I Left Ample Boarder Around Words For Clean Cut

I set the origin point close to right hand corner of vinyl but why is word, THE, so far, almost 4 inches away from the left  and right hand side  of the vinyl? As you can see, is quite a lot of waste. 
I have four words to cut out, the height of word THE including line squares is 29cm the width of vinyl roll is 60cm. If I reduce the size of the line up squares and the height of THE I can still maintain an effective word size. I could then maximize the economical use of the vinyl by having one word under the other. I have done this with two words THE and HIT see attached. I'm wondering about the boarder I have left, will the machine be able to cut the two words correctly.
I've tried to find out and asked here but I still don't fully understand about the origin point, could you please explain to me about this origin point, much more clearly I'm afraid I still don't get it and how to position it correctly?
Thank you.

THE.jpg

THE 2.jpg

THE & HIT.jpg

When are you setting the ORIGIN point?  Most cutters say ORIGIN SET. or show 0 0 for XY. When it is pushed.  Which way is the design feeding into your machine?  What are the registration marks for?  Are you layering vinyl?  Best bet is to get a professional software.  That software was made for Craft cutters like Cricut.   You  can get Vinyl Master Cut on the VinylMaster.com website for about $60.  You can even try it out first. Seiki vinyl cutter is listed on it. 

Design is feeding into machine, left to right. I'm putting the words onto some foam backed sign board using temporary application tape The small squares are to let me line up the words on the sign board. No not layering vinyl, I'm happy with how I'm getting on with SCAL, get fast friendly and effective support.

When are you setting the ORIGIN point?  Most cutters say ORIGIN SET. or show 0 0 for XY." Getting quite late here in UK 21:27. Will look into this Monday and get back to you then.

Thanks for input.

You stated " I'm happy with how I'm getting on with SCAL, get fast friendly and effective support."  Then contact them.   They are your tech support. 

22 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You stated " I'm happy with how I'm getting on with SCAL, get fast friendly and effective support."  Then contact them.   They are your tech support. 

I did but they couldn't help on that particular point.

I'm not familiar with SCAL at all, but ... what's going on with your test square & triangle? it seems that you're feeding the vinyl, then having the machine do a test cut, then sending the job to the cutter. It's your test cut square and triangle that is bumping your text down.

Skeeter is right, you should be able to reset the starting point (origin point) to a new location after you've done your test cut. See how to do that in the owners manual of your machine. If you can't find it, then turn your machine off, then on again, and do NOT run another test cut. It seems that if your job started where the test cut box is,  you might have enough room to run both lines of text.

Another thing for you to try is to bump the word HIT closer to THE, so you minimize the gap between. It's not that long of a run, so tracking should go so askew that the words would be cutting into each other.

Is SCAL not cutting the two words like you laid them out at all? If that's the case, check the software for workspace (or design) area - It's called different things in different software.

So things to try -
- Reset 0,0 (origin point) to where you want it to start cutting
- If you can't reset it, turn the machine off then on after running any necessary test cut boxes
- Minimize gap between THE and HIT
- Try scooting your vinyl (closer to where you want it to start) if you cannot figure out how to reset 0,0
- Check design workspace in SCAL