Guest Trent

Vinyl Spooler

Guest Trent

Just wondering if there is a way to save all vinyl spooler jobs instead of saving one by one to a different place. Im afraid im gonna lose all my jobs cause i haven't saved them. They're all on the spooler.

Of course.  You should be able to copy them to a flash drive. external hard drive.  If you have another computer, SATA to SATA transfer  I also  throw new designs in my email drafts, so I can get from any computer. 

Search on Google how to copy files from your operating system. I would try 10 or so at a time, .  You should be able to do a search for every Vinyl master file on your computer. Copy them,

Guest Trent

Yeah, i tried looking up but i still don't know what im looking for lol. Like i don't know where to go on my pc to get to all files.

Go to support IN your computer. That is what it is for.  It has a search, and answers questions.   We don't know what your doing or using, Each system is different. 

I've not looked too closely, but I believe the spooler files are just the cut info, not the actual design that you could go back and edit. You should be saving your designs as you create them, the spooler is just for a quick redo of a cut and not intended to be long term storage.

Guest Trent

I was able to save all cut files but when i try and open them they're just blank. All of them. Any suggestions?

Vinyl Master is your tech support,   Most people save their files in a document folder, right from the main layout screen when they do their job. If your not, you may want to start. And put them off your computer. A computer crash and you may be out of business, (not knowing your business)   Try IMPORT and not open.  

So I had my stuff saved on an external drive, which unfortunately died. Since my business is more on the hobby side I wasn't TOO worried about it until someone asked me for repeats....I'm glad I thought of the spooler, because it saved me a TON of work. Now if I could just get the files BACK.....oh well.

42 minutes ago, The Flaming Eyeball said:

So I had my stuff saved on an external drive, which unfortunately died. Since my business is more on the hobby side I wasn't TOO worried about it until someone asked me for repeats....I'm glad I thought of the spooler, because it saved me a TON of work. Now if I could just get the files BACK.....oh well.

I also have every file of mine off in email drafts, so that I can access them from any computer.  I have several computers and my files are also on all of my computers.  You need to put them on several locations. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.