DCutter

How to use MH 871-MK2 as scissors?.. for now

Greetings,

I'm looking for a little automation and not sure how to do it. Hoping a pro here could guide me.

Situation: I just need 12" strips of vinyl cut from the large roll.  Basically, advance the roll 12" and cut the material, repeat.  No patterns/images to cut...just a basic cut through the material.

Can that be set up in the Vinyl Master software?  If so, how would one do that?

Many thanks!

Only cutter that can do that is the Graphtecs  FC series. .  They have a built in groove that allows the cross cutter or the blade to cut thru.   The teflon cutting strip would not be touched. 

You would not have a teflon cutting strip left, if you tried to do it with a regular vinyl cutter.  Plus the blades would be shot real soon.  Regular vinyl cutters are not made to cut all the way thru, vinyl etc.  Some people use a carrier sheet to cut vinyl all the way thru, but that would be done all manual.  Each piece at a time. 

• Like 1

Are you needing the backing to be cut along with the vinyl too, or just 12" widths that you can peal off while the backing stays in roll form?

If it's the latter, then just open up any design/cut software and draw a 12" block, with whatever the other dimension needs to be. Just make sure you keep the blade on the material, because once it goes off the material and on the cutting strip, no good will come from that, and the blade will get caught and you machine will not react very well to that.

If it's the former, then I suggest you get a self-healing cutting mat, a good ruler (preferable one that will protect your fingers too), and a rotary cutter. <- I don't make 12" strips, but every once in a while I do cut sample blocks for the colors that I do have in-stock to show customers; and that's how I do it.

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

When he states "wants like scissors cutting",  I am getting the impression all the way thru.  But here is another manual option.

https://www.uscutter.com/Mondo-Trimmer

Good point, i was just trying to offer up, in case all they really needed was just 12" peel and stick. I'm not creative enough to figure out the applications for 12" rectangles. Hahaha. :lol:

Just a thought,  they could be a vinyl craft seller.  Buying by the 50 yd roll, and selling 12" strips.