Sign in to follow this  
Optiq hd tints

Pro cut MH 1351 SE vinyl plotter good for window tinting patterns ?

On 6/16/2019 at 1:41 PM, Optiq hd tints said:

Hey thanks for your reply, Tinting window & PPF is my side hustle so I don’t want to spend too much on graphtecs & Roland as they scale over 4-5K.

I want to buy entry level plotter for about $1500-2000.

My goal is to tint 2-10 cars a month.

if can help to guide me a plotter in my budget & something that will cut window films would be awesome. 

Tjanks for the chart about the plotters !!

Wait...........   2-10 cars a month.  Why are you even bothering getting a plotter. For that volume of cars you should be keeping it old school and just cut by hand.   It makes way better business sense to do that.    There's a reason tint plotters cost so much.  It's for high volume shops that need to knock cars out fast because they have 15-20 cars a day to do.  It's going to take you 1-2 years to pay off, and it's a used plotter of all things.  I've helped run my brother's window tint shop and after 25 years of window tinting he's still cutting by hand because it makes a much better install. Tighter edges, more tucked into the window jam, and the rear windows come out better.  When you shrink the rear window it's alittle unpredictable and if it's already cut you're likely to shrink it too much in the wrong areas and have to start over. 
Yea it's "cool" to have a plotter but a complete waste for 2-10 cars a month.  

• Like 2

I used to tint windows during college for extra money and I would do about 2 cars a day. Everything was hand cut and like Go-C said, it offers tighter clearance vs plotter cut when you master the skill. Not that the plotter was not able to do a better cut but the outlines on the software was just a tad off given that was also 18-19 years ago. There is a tint forum, see what there opinion is on plotter cut tint these days. 

Hand cutting is tuff for me & paranoia kicks in makes everything difficult

plotter would be just very ideal as I can advertise computer cut & all ..

start with entry level plotter & make my way up to higher brand ..

for now the seller with expert 2 will be demonstrating the window film cut & says don’t need any kit as that plotter is meant for cutting films.

i don’t have extra money to burn but keeping my fingers crossed that Expert 2 will lead my way into Roland it graphtec one day ..

On 6/24/2019 at 11:16 AM, Optiq hd tints said:

Hand cutting is tuff for me & paranoia kicks in makes everything difficult

plotter would be just very ideal as I can advertise computer cut & all ..

start with entry level plotter & make my way up to higher brand ..

for now the seller with expert 2 will be demonstrating the window film cut & says don’t need any kit as that plotter is meant for cutting films.

i don’t have extra money to burn but keeping my fingers crossed that Expert 2 will lead my way into Roland it graphtec one day ..

Kinda in the same situation as you.  Was wondering if GCC Expert II did the job and your experience with it so far?  

Thanks

2 minutes ago, mikster said:

Kinda in the same situation as you.  Was wondering if GCC Expert II did the job and your experience with it so far?  

Thanks

Might be long wait for reply.  Has not been back on since Aug 2019.