Sign in to follow this  
Optiq hd tints

Pro cut MH 1351 SE vinyl plotter good for window tinting patterns ?

Hey guys , am in market for my first window tinting plotter , there are whole bunch of used vinyl cutting plotter in my range, now I don’t know if they will work on window films ? 

People selling this plotters don’t know either !

Am trying to buy PRO CUT MH1351SE model 52’

but it’s vinyl cutter & don’t know if it’ll work for window tint ?

can someone help me please? 

the procut 1351 is hardly a pro cutter - it is a Refine which is the bottom of the barrel plotter - personally if I was looking for accurate cuts on tint I would look hard for a graphtec or roland with a servo motor.   the plotter is not a good place to pinch pennies since it is the heart of your operation

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Most people here use the UScutters, or for higher end cutters the Graphtecs and Rolands.  Some buy the Titans as  they are the middle ground cutters.  I can't think of anyone here that has one.  What ever you get buy the best that you can afford.  The cutter is your main tool to reply on.  You may find some good deals on Ebay, as well as Craigslist, but like mentioned before the MH cutters are the bottom of the barrel. MH are not even for cutting tint.  Also you will need a tint blade.  But here is the UScutter buying guide. You never stated what your budget is for buying. 

https://www.uscutter.com/index/page/static/subpage/buying_guides_new

• Thanks 1

Hey thanks for your reply, Tinting window & PPF is my side hustle so I don’t want to spend too much on graphtecs & Roland as they scale over 4-5K.

I want to buy entry level plotter for about $1500-2000.

My goal is to tint 2-10 cars a month.

if can help to guide me a plotter in my budget & something that will cut window films would be awesome. 

Tjanks for the chart about the plotters !!

For Window tint, you may have to jump up higher.  I thought the Titan 3 might work, but it says not recommended for Window Tint.    Check out Ebay or Craigslist.  For used Graphtec FC cutters.  You can still find deals out there if you have the money. Several of us got great deals last year on Graphtec FC units .  I have never cut tint, not sure what max size of cutter you would need. 

Have you tried Kijiji

Here's a Grapghtec for $600.00  it's  42" so I don't know if you can use it.  The ad doesn't say want model it is either but someone might be able to identify it for you. 

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/mississauga-peel-region/graphtec-vinyl-cutter/1440051495?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

It's a great cutter,  any Graphtec is,  but it is only 24" wide. That is the latest model.  I thought you needed a larger cutter.    This is a cutter that most people would upgrade to and be done with it.   With this cutter, you should receive a download (after sending in your serial number)Windows only.  over $1000 software.FREE.

On 6/16/2019 at 6:42 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

That is a Graphtec FC4100-75   which is only 30" long      Still good price if it runs. 

graphtec FC 4100.JPG

Ooops, I don't know where I got 42" from, thanks for catching that.

On 6/16/2019 at 6:42 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

That is a Graphtec FC4100-75   which is only 30" long      Still good price if it runs. 

graphtec FC 4100.JPG

I had one of those for a month or two = definitely a beast and weighed as much as a small refrigerator so don't plan on shipping it

Hey guys thanks for All your help, really appreciate it ..

i have decided to pick me up GCC Expert 2 

its slightly used & its 52” wide, seller is saying it’s made for window film ..

any thoughts on GCC Expert 2 for a start up plotter ?

I would take some window tint and see if it really does.  A seller will tell you what you want to hear.  It only has 350 g of force,  just like a regular vinyl cutter, for sign vinyl.  Even the Graphtec CE6000 with that type of force is not for tint.  You have to add the Tint kit to cut order   It also only has 9.84 ft of tracking.   Look the cutter up.   It is a beginner cutter. 

Add AKZ Tint Cutting Kit ($1000) to improve cut to 58.5 in/s and 600g on 48." 24" and 48" models deliver 300g and 450g. *Can cut high static window tint.

• Like 1

Tanks again for putting all the input guys, this is really helping the brother out, as I don’t know anyone that knows plotters or tinting, mostly people are saying get Roland or graphtec but it’s way too out of my budget :(

GCC World even says, buy the Jaguar V or the Puma 4 for cutting tint.   There is a reason, people are telling you to get a Graphtec or a Roland because of the down force.   That Expert 2 is close to the MH cutter that we told you not to buy already.  You have to buy the correct tool for the job. Save up your money and buy the right cutter or you will be buying it again, if you buy a value cutter. Also did you even look up the price of tint software?   Even Tinttek is $295 start up and $139 monthly.   Or $1395 a year.   Thats my 2c.   But it's your money. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Optiq hd tints said:

This plotter is used & bought only for tinting by the seller, so he saying I don’t need anything else just a tinting software ..

Then the seller should be able to show you it cuts tint film. Or take some of your own to cut in the cutter.