RoyBoom

Silhouette Studio - Laserpoint

I’ve got a 24” Laserpoint, about 10 years old that came with SignBlazer.  I’ve hardly used the cutter, a lot of that because I hate the SignBlazer. Can I download the Silhouette software and tun the cutter off that?  Or possibly cut from Inkscape?  I have just never gotten the hang of SignBlazer, and lately it just keeps shutting down on me. I want to start using the cutter. 

Silhouette software is only for Silhouette cutters.  made by Graphtec.  

Yes, you can cut from Inkscape,   I think It's called Inkcut. 

You actually have two options in Inkscape now. There is a plot function that is built into Inkscape, and there is InkCut, which is a separate program that can be integrated into Inkscape. The instructions to install InkCut on windows are not very clear but I was able to get it setup over the weekend. I didn't try to actually cut anything with it but first impressions of it, it felt rather clunky. But it's one of only 2 free cutting programs I know of, SB being the other, so can't complain too much.

You hate the SignBlazer because it isn't functioning properly.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

Download and install this v7.0.0 and perhaps it is more stable and won't "shut down"

• Like 1