Sign in to follow this  
Craigp

Glow in the dark self-adhesive printable vinyl?

I am looking for glow-in-the-dark self-adhesive printable vinyl yet I seem not to be able to find any anywhere does anyone have any suggestions because it's getting pretty hard to Define any and I need some for a specific project

Just from your question I have questions back. Do you have a printer capable of printing on vinyl? A basic home variety of printer will not get it done. There are a few printable vinyl options (not glow in the dark) out there but they are not the same as a REAL printed graphic. Second if you DO have the right printer, wherever you print on any glow in the dark is NOT also going to glow in the dark. Someone somewhere may make a printer capable of using glow in the dark inks but I have never heard of one. I don't own a printer myself because they cost SO much to own and operate that I just can't justify it. I would think most Solvent, Eco-Solvent, Thermal and probably some of the new water based latex printers would be capable of laying down ink on glow-in the dark vinyl. You will just see a dark spot though when the lights go out and it will glow around the edges (assuming you leave some exposed nonprinted areas)

• Like 1

I don't know of any printable glow in the dark vinyl either but honestly I've never looked.  There is plenty of glow in the dark vinyl out there though.  If you have a printer you could print on regular vinyl, die cut it, and layer it onto the regular vinyl.  Like Wildgoose said, it's not going to glow through the printed areas very bright anyway.

i pulling this topic back up is because the main reason is i saw a vinyl product that glows in the dark and was curious with the vast knowledge here if anyone has a clue what this person is using. because i am still searching, and this is a skin over a disney magic band

il_fullxfull.1792043503_g32a.jpg

This may not even be 'glow in the dark' at all, but rather, a result of black-lighting (UV) fluorescence.

Well i thought about that to but i came across a image of a customer whom bought her product and this is the picture that took and if you look at the image you can see a dark spot where she had her finger

iap_640x640.2046679774_9o5ll8r4.jpg

il_fullxfull.1430595256_cwg5.jpg

I LOVE glow in the dark stuff.

I hope you find what you're looking for. I wish I had the space and money to sink into a large format vinyl printer (sigh).

i wish i could just find the product she uses, even if i don't or can't use it . it has become a mission to seek it out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Could it be from the VVIVID SHOP.     Glow in the dark green?    Click on the  Glow In the dark green ad and see what customers are using it for.   Kinda neat.   Maybe you could try printing on it.   If you watch the video, he says it comes in different colors.     The store where you are showing the items, states they are using 3M  flexible vinyl on the ad that I read. 

https://vvividshop.com/collections/automotive-films

i thought she maybe using a glow in the dark adhesive vinyl and then placing a printable over the top but i deconstructed it and all there was was a thin film of laminate here is a example i purchased a year back under regular light and then in the dark, this stuff is about 2-3 mil thick

20200104_225930[1].jpg

20200104_231803[1].jpg

20200104_225923[1].jpg

I know I must be missing something - I googled it and think I found what is being asked for but I must be missing something because it couldn't have been that easy .. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=glow-in-the-dark+self-adhesive+printable+vinyl&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS749US749&oq=glow-in-the-dark+self-adhesive+printable+vinyl&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I think you got the right stuff Scott. I actually bought a sheet from my local vinyl/sign warehouse here. I wish I bought more because they stopped carrying it. I snipped some off and trying to cut it, it was wicked thick and required more than a few passes, which the LP wasn't too happy with (especially isn't is stepper and doesn't track super accurate for fine cuts).

Dumb question - can that kind of stuff be run through any vinyl printer? or does the printer really only work on specific media?

are we talking about the silhouette brand, because that link takes me to a search with that as the first link or we talking about the siser easyweed because the stuff she is using seems to look white in the daylight and sheet of what

Good luck, and let us know what you end up doing. I can't speak for anyone else, I like to see other people projects from the questions they end up asking here.

this maybe the right stuff. but from what i read it is uv inkjet and screen ink compatible only, and i use a dye based uv ink

2 hours ago, Craigp said:

this maybe the right stuff. but from what i read it is uv inkjet and screen ink compatible only, and i use a dye based uv ink

make sure you are not confusing uv resistant water based ink with the roland uv cured ink - huge difference in how they hold up and huge difference in cost of equipment.

if you are using a uv resistant aqueous ink than you need special material  - most solvent, latex and roland uv cured ink can use most of the listed materials