Sign in to follow this  
Worble7

Trying To Incorporate A Image Into A Letter

Not sure why I can't weld this can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

How to weld lines.jpg

How to weld lines 1.jpg

Have you tried cutting it yet?  I know in my Flexi, the design stays the same in the layout screen, but it is welded when cut. 

no so your saying go to plot/cut and it will show up there correct? Thanks Jeff

Found a better face and working with this.

2019-06-02_13-30-43.jpg

2019-06-02_13-30-4311.jpg

I did this before with letter overlapping and worked great kind of the same idea but cat get it to work like it did last time. Thanks Jeff

Using graphtec ce6000-60 with graphtec studio pro

Graphtec Studio Pro is like Flexi.   Weld in the cut/plot screen.   Look at the tabs at the TOP of CUT/PLOT for picture of blade and + sign. Click it,(That is where mine is)  Mine has auto weld. 

Its doesn't stick out too much farther than the tips of the K, it's good to learn how to weld and punch, but if I were in a crunch for time, I would just cut it as is, and then weed it off. It's easy enough, and a single piece. Job first, learn later :)

I am not versed in Graphtec Studio Pro but there should be an option to do what you are wanting. It will begin by selecting both images then there will be a function such as "knock out, punch, punch out, minus front" or similar. You are not actually wanting to weld rather that the dog gets removed from the K. I can see that if you left the dog in place without the knock out  it will overlap the 9 which would cause you to cut the 9 separately or have it get messed up. 

If you weld that it's going to come out like this.

K9 Weld.jpg

However I think you are trying to achieve this.

K9 Trace.jpg

I traced out what I think you wanted. 

But if you are using the Graphtec Studio Pro you can remove overlap. provided the letters and dog are two items

You mentioned that you used it before with letters overlapping and it worked great.

If they are separate, group the letters together, lay the dog on top of the letters, select both the dog and the letters so they are all highlighted and click remove overlap.

unselect them by clicking anywhere off of the dog and letters then click on the dog and  move it.  you should have what I traced out above.

• Like 1

yes dwp99 that's what I was looking for so I will crop the pic and repost unless you can tell me how you did it?  I'm using Graphtec Studio Pro. Thanks Jeff

I want to thank everyone for there help and input :) dwp99 I did just what you said and it worked perfect thanks again for your help. Jeff 

Hey Jeff,  Glad I could help.

dwp99 and everyone Just wanted to show you the final I think I will go with. Thanks Again 

Dog in K9.jpg

• Like 4