Lorne D. Manor.

sign lab will it expire?

if i buy a full version of sign lab will it expire? i don,t like the idea of the subscription based systems. but for 500 bucks i don't want to have to pay that again if it goes stale in a year

also whats best to use. tried sign blazer. great program but does not seem to import many different type of files.newbie here

graphtec 7000-75

2 minutes ago, Lorne D. Manor. said:

if i buy a full version of sign lab will it expire? i don,t like the idea of the subscription based systems. but for 500 bucks i don't want to have to pay that again if it goes stale in a year

also whats best to use. tried sign blazer. great program but does not seem to import many different type of files.newbie here

graphtec 7000-75

You should be referring the question to the seller.  I can't think of anyone here who uses Signlab.  The distributor is who should be answering your questions for accurate answers.  They are the ones standing behind the software. 

Signblazer is abandon ware but still quite good. what file types are you wanting to import that it can not? It does the main vector files, eps, pdf, and ai. Anything else I usually opened with inkscape and did a copy paste to get it to SB.

ok that very helpful. i will try that. i was getting images off the net and saving them then tring to load them into sign blazer. i could not do most of them howerver sign lab can...but its five hundred bucks lol

Be sure the images you pull off the web are vector. Most images you find will be raster that will need to be vectors before they can be cut. SB can do this, but not very well. Inkscape is really good for a free program.

Did you not get cutting software with the cutter? I thought I've seen mention on here that Graphtec has some great software and is free for Graphtec owners.

@darcshadow,  the OP bought a used Graphtec FC7000.  The only software that would be compatible with his cutter is the Cutting Master 2 plugin. BUT he would have to purchase a correct version of Corel or Illustratrator software to work with it.  The other Free software will work for FC7000-MK2 and newer. . OP's machine is older than that.  But many people still use Signblazer, no problems with Graphtecs, because they don't want to learn a new software or purchase new software. 

ah. cool.

My suggestion then, if wanting to stay cheap, ie free, would be to go with Inkscape and Signblazer.

i was using sign blazer. i found it hard to vectorize the objects. but it was said above i should do that in inkscape . makes sense.

i was having trouble bringing those files into sign blazer. its import options are limited.  i have down loaded sign labs free trial it seems really god but 500 bucks. i am undecided on that option. mz skeeter is correct that my machine will not work with the newer cutter software offered by graphtec. i cant even get my windows ten machine to upload the new drivers to the cutter. it wont send it. so sign lab works pretty good so far. but i might try to use inkscape more and see if i can FIX the clip art that way and see if it will go into sign blazer. i mean it has to work because darcshadow said so. i got a lot to learn. thank you all for your kindness and helpful responses.  mighty big of everyone to take the time to help. i cant stress it enough.

You might want to consider Vinyl Master CUT from the Vinyl Master website with Inkscape.   It is newer updated software for around $59.  There is a demo also.   Don't buy it from UScutter as it won't have your cutter on it. 

https://vinylmaster.software/