andygeekboy

Application Tape Not Wide Enough

I may potentially run into a situation where I have a a decal that's larger than the application tape I have.

Is overlapping application tape a 'thing' or am I crazy for even thinking about it?

So, just searched for overlapping and the consensus is yes.

Funny thing is I've been searching using the wrong phrase and getting nothing :)

• Like 1

overlapping app tape can cause bubbles in that area but I have done it on personal items - not for customers

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

overlapping app tape can cause bubbles in that area but I have done it on personal items - not for customers

Thanks, yeah it's for a banner for the footy game today for myself

• Like 1

When you overlap the transfer, try to keep the overlap over a blank area of the decal. 

• Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 3:13 PM, arty-rc said:

When you overlap the transfer, try to keep the overlap over a blank area of the decal. 

Good call @arty-rc!

• Like 1

Over lapping is no problem at all. A 1/4” inch is all you need.  If possible, and dont go out of your way if its a pain in the butt, over lap in so it doesn't get in the way of the install. If you squeegee from  the top down, then put the first layer of masking on the lower part of the design so your squeegee doesnt catch the edge of the overlapped masking. Does that make sense?