Our machine didn’t work from the get go so we called in for support on 4/22/2019. We opened a support ticket and just called back today 5/23/2019 to get the issue handled. The guy was great at the beginning, then he told me it needed a new motherboard and they would send one out tomorrow. I asked if there was an option to upgrade shipping for over night. I was then on hold for a few minutes and when he gets back on he says I WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO HELP YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY, then was going to hang up. I said whoa whoa whoa please explain. He said this support ticket should’ve never been supported for reasons I can not disclose. I said this is MY account, no one else’s , why can you not help me. He said that’s information I can not disclose have a good day and hung up. So I thought well maybe my husbands name is on the account, had him call in and SAME damn thing. They said the issues were non-disclosure and hung up. This is the only item we have ever bought from them, no returns nothing. And we get hung up on for issues they can’t disclose?!?!?! What the f**k. I will NEVER buy anything from them again. We are returning this item and getting a plotter from an honest company. 

Edited by Wildgoose
Obscenity

Perhaps related to it being purchased through ebay rather than from USCutter? It is kind of bad support though when then just hang up like that. Odd though support from USCutter is usually pretty good.

We did in fact order off of eBay. If they would have stated we do not service any parts that come from eBay have a nice day and then hung up I would’ve understand but they made it like it was some huge secret why they couldn’t help us.

23 minutes ago, CANTON14 said:

We did in fact order off of eBay. If they would have stated we do not service any parts that come from eBay have a nice day and then hung up I would’ve understand but they made it like it was some huge secret why they couldn’t help us.

Can you post the Ebay ad please?  You stated "Our machine didn’t work from the get go so we called in for support on 4/22/2019."   What did support say on 4/22/2019?  Then you waited  a month to call back? 

I have to ask --- what exactly was the initial problem, that you say "didn't work"? What model?

30 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Can you post the Ebay ad please?  You stated "Our machine didn’t work from the get go so we called in for support on 4/22/2019."   What did support say on 4/22/2019?  Then you waited  a month to call back? 

We are busy business owners. We tried to see if they could give us pointers on 4/22/2019 and they said we needed to be in front of the machine. So when we finally had time today, we called. 

4 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

I have to ask --- what exactly was the initial problem, that you say "didn't work"? What model?

It would only print squiggly, erratic lines. It made a gawd awful noise at startup. 

34 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

4CDF0D90-767A-4668-AA14-94AEAB5AC11A.png

Perhaps you needed to work out the entire repair/replace process directly through eBay seller (which apparently is not USCutter)? That could be an internal USCutter policy to avoid assisting with machines that were not purchased from them, and your tech support guy realized he could have been fired for going as far as he did, and wanted to avoid that outcome!

Sorry to hear you've been shunted aside in this experience and hopefully you get a working cutter for your business.

Don't know what to tell ya, that issue you describe is indeed a motherboard failure, we've dealt with this problem here numerous times on the MH units.

Well had he stated the reason for not being able to help me I would have understood. Hanging up on me was a piss poor attempt at customer “service.”

I think I see what happened (actually in Hawaii right now but this got me curious).   You bought from an eBay seller (probably altraffica) that uses in ages stolen from uscutters ads.  Us cutter does not provide support for anyone except the person that purchased from them . . . Meaning that third party eBay seller provides all support and warranty.   eBay is your only resolution as us utter had nothing do do with the sale.    Sorry for the news . . . I am not an employee, just a volunteer mod that has been around a lot of years

Kind of what I was thinking, something is not right.  and why I wanted to see the ad.  She was using SCALP software.  All the EBAY UScutter ads with the MH vinyl cutters,  do NOT have SCALP listed on them. Not in the photo or on the ad description.  Only Vinyl Master software. 

This is the only ad on EBAY with the MH 721 ad with SCALP software and this ad was NOT sold  by UScutter.   There is a 3rd party.  The seller  altraffica    From  Russian Federation. This seller is your tech support, if this is where you bought it.    Do you find your Ebay user Id on this ad under sold? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MH-721-28-Vinyl-Cutter-Value-Kit-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-Design-Cut-Software/183371271729?hash=item2ab1c78e31:g:4NEAAOSwoAVbbWyW

I am not an employee either.  

11 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I think I see what happened (actually in Hawaii right now but this got me curious).   You bought from an eBay seller (probably altraffica) that uses in ages stolen from uscutters ads.  Us cutter does not provide support for anyone except the person that purchased from them . . . Meaning that third party eBay seller provides all support and warranty.   eBay is your only resolution as us utter had nothing do do with the sale.    Sorry for the news . . . I am not an employee, just a volunteer mod that has been around a lot of years

All the information about buying from eBay was disclosed to them In the call on 4/22. If they would’ve said “we don’t service shitty ass equipment not bought off of our website so get lost” then hung up, I would’ve understood. I had no idea at the time that this was the reason they wouldn’t help us, again considering the information about it being an eBay but was disclosed. Regardless of anyone trying to pedal around the fact it’s an eBay buy, their customer service sucked, badly. I’ll obviously deal with the eBay seller from here but my “rant” still has merit. 

I think we all agree, your experience with the service was not good, and there really doesn't seem to be any reason for it. They simply could have said they don't supply support for 3rd party sales and that would have been it. Hopefully you can make some headway with the ebay seller, but sorry to say I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CANTON14 said:

All the information about buying from eBay was disclosed to them In the call on 4/22. If they would’ve said “we don’t service shitty ass equipment not bought off of our website so get lost” then hung up, I would’ve understood. I had no idea at the time that this was the reason they wouldn’t help us, again considering the information about it being an eBay but was disclosed. Regardless of anyone trying to pedal around the fact it’s an eBay buy, their customer service sucked, badly. I’ll obviously deal with the eBay seller from here but my “rant” still has merit. 

Uscutter sells on eBay also so they do support eBay sales by them just not from unauthorized 3rd party resellers.  I also agree that if they did not say that was the policy they should have.   The seller is wrong for using images watermarked with the company logo.  

• Like 3

On 5/29/2019 at 12:24 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

Uscutter sells on eBay also so they do support eBay sales by them just not from unauthorized 3rd party resellers.  I also agree that if they did not say that was the policy they should have.   The seller is wrong for using images watermarked with the company logo.  

I totally agree with what Dakota is saying. The seller misrepresented who he actually was by using the USCutter image. I think the support people should have disclosed what the issue was rather than to say they could not comment on it. That was dumb IMO. Whatever. Bottom line is the seller is your recourse and fortunately for you eBay is tough on sellers so they will probably go to bat for you IF you are within the time limits of whatever the seller listed. IF not then that going to be a problem that you may not win. (even though you thought you were going to the correct place that first time, not anyones job to figure that out for you) The only other good thing that can come from this is that you bought about the cheapest (in all senses one the word) vinyl cutter that was ever produced by man so you're not out much. We regularly try to steer people to buy a better unit. Those MH's are sort of the door buster deals and they are hard to get to work good (not impossible) and problematic in many ways. I think they probably lead to a lot of additional upgrade sales later because cutters have to be one of the coolest hobbies on the planet. All this is just one mans opinion. 

• Like 2

Now I am back I read this again and the seller on his items shows in tennessee but his personal profile shows Based in Russian Federation, altraffica has been an eBay member since Jul 24, 2010

So russian reseller - hoping the buyer got some kind of resolution thru ebay - 

If your a regular Ebay buyer, the RED flags came up on this ad right away.  Russian Federation for a UScutter vinyl cutter bundle. located in Tennessee.  And the seller only has 1 ad of the cheapest vinyl cutter there is.  All the buyer had to do was do a little checking for themselves to UScutter directly and see if the ad was legit. 

• Like 1

"I will NEVER buy anything from them again."

As it happens, you've never bought anything from the USCutter company at all to this point. So, technically, you are unable to use the word 'again' --- but having said that, why not give the company itself a try for a purchase? I mean, let's be fair here, we would like to hear about an order you make, and the customer service you get (quick shipping? discounted shipping? Discounted/sale pricing?).

Since these machines use up consumables like crazy, it's not unreasonable for us to ask you to place one order for some vinyl and app tape and maybe a few squeegees and picker tools, whatever...  It would be a good way to see if indeed USCUTTER has the worst service/support ever. Let's see you put them to the test, and demonstrate how well (or badly) they fare.

• Like 3

Who was the actual seller? If the seller was US Cutter, then they should've helped you. The pic means nothing. Look at the seller's name.

35 minutes ago, jep8fan said:

Who was the actual seller? If the seller was US Cutter, then they should've helped you. The pic means nothing. Look at the seller's name.

sellers name was not uscuuuter - looks like it was altraffica - whos listing show tennessee but his profile says russian federation 

We also don't even know what this buyer really got.  the EBAY seller "altraffica"  is selling cheaper than what UScutter sells the bundle for.  UScutter website sells for $319.99

"altraffica" is selling for $295.02.   How can altraffica be selling $24.97 cheaper, than UScutter,  plus on top of that the EBAY and Paypal fees. ?   ...No way you could be drop shipping from UScutter.  At least i wouldn't think so.  You would be losing on every sale. 

We have seen many times on Craigslist, sellers selling the MH cutters $100's of times over retail.   But lower? Where is the profit?

We really don't know what she got.  

• Like 1

Maybe that seller can offer cheaper units because they are Defective/broken?

I wonder what the value is of the buyers data to spammer, scammers?  $25?

Actually the ad the OP posted above is $281 plus free shipping.  So $38.99 cheaper than UScutter.   Plus Ebay and Paypal fees. 

• Like 1