3 hours ago, haumana said:

It looks like you have better blade depth now. So on to the next issue of it not cutting straight. Before you even send the file to the cutter, make sure you have enough slack on the vinyl so the cutter can jog it back and forth easily. If you are cutting vinyl from a roll, make sure to pull enough vinyl so that the cutter is never pulling it directly from the roll with any tension.

arround 50cm of vinyl is ganging between Roll and cutter.   NOT direct from roll,  this was the first lesson from Graphtec videos. 

This test is with larger font .   It was 65mm  now it is 68mm 
here is more clear how Lines are not cut streight. 
And at first words  No problems, but in last words - problems. 
You can see in video. 
Speed is 25cm/s 
Offset 0 
Force 11 

IMG_7603.jpg

As frustrating as it is, I would pull out the blade holder and blade to start from scratch again.

Check the blade holder to make sure there is no debris in it - there are lots of times when small bits of vinyl can get into the holder and will will prevent the blade from rotating easily. I tiny drop of lube might help as well.

Check your blade to make sure the the tip has not broken off.

If you have one, change it to a 60-degree blade. At some point, I would try to get a CleanCut Blade for your machine - it's pretty durable, and holds it's edge better than a lot blades out there.

Another thing you can try - if there is wiggle room, move the vinyl to a different part of the cutting window to try to use a different part of the cutting strip.

Make sure the pinch rollers are equal distance from the edge of the vinyl, not too close to the - about an inch or a little more will do well.

Something to consider - the age of the vinyl, and how it was stored. There are some of my vinyl that gets old and a little hard to cut, and even harder to weed. Try a different vinyl if you have some.

Good luck. Thanks for keep us posted on your progress. We're trying everything we can think of to get you up and running successfully.

Lets try again with the first test  with +2 offset
First test settings : 
Speed is 25cm/s 

Offset 0 + 2
Force 11 
Result - 

Again alot of Uncut letters,   BUT Corners are better!!! 
So the Offset will be +3 and lines are good. 
Next to clear is the Uncut lines. 
Will turn knife depth with 1 point 
Okay results are better now. forgot to take photo.
Turned the knob 3 points and Uncut area are gone. 
  and turned the text position. 
When turned the text, offset 3 did not work,  So i returned to offset 2 

So after blade depth was increased with 3 point from the knob , text was turned 90" and offset returned to +2 
Result is in the video. 
Now will run cutting  200 words and hoping it will go fine. 

0-02-04-b81403b30adfe49ab78a4d17179b6f357ad0be7e4960b455eecb26ea154bae8c_4e80fca2.jpg

0-02-05-ad0207ecd76a88669c2fbdf56fa455664e57a12be22651ecb7c533c0f264f0c7_50dce4dd.jpg

Test with text size returned to orriginal 65mm - Perfect. 
Looked thru the lens for adjusting the blade to tell you how much is the depth 
Now it is 2mm , reaching exactly the second line 
So settings for me are 
Offset +2 
Speed 20cm/s 
Force 11 
Blade lenght : 2 stripes for the PM-CT-001

Will write again after the test with 200 words is finished. 

0-02-05-7d63b069eaab3d2b454c825b2fcaf15fa6e5ea961f6d27925ebde65ccbb0bee0_4e607265.jpg

I just noticed something. In one of your videos it appears that at least one of the lines across or around the job have pouncing or perf cuts. Do you have this set on perf cutting or something? That might be part of the problem. 

I hate to exasperate a point but you are using the little bombsight to set your blade depth at 2mm which is literally 5 times as much as you need. Heat transfer vinyl is usually at most 3 mil which is 0.076 mm if my conversion is correct. If you do the blade setting by hand as mentioned by Skeeter you will have better luck. I would do the hand setting on a piece of regular 3 calendared vinyl not on heat transfer vinyl. The plastic carrier sheet will trick you on heat transfer vinyl because it is really hard to tell if you are partially penetrating the carrier or not. 

• Like 1

This is the correct way to set you blade depth.  It works. This has helped 100's of people.  You are actually setting the blade to the vinyl that you are cutting. You don't need that tool. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 4:55 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

This is the correct way to set you blade depth.  It works. This has helped 100's of people.  You are actually setting the blade to the vinyl that you are cutting. You don't need that tool. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

When i do this, blade holder is dragging heavilly into the vinyl, will make video soon. 

3 minutes ago, Nikolay said:

When i do this, blade holder is dragging heavilly into the vinyl, will make video soon. 

the only way a graphtec blade holder will drag is if the bottom is not screwed on tight from my experience - had one that cracked the bottom blue part and took quite a while to figure that out.  if the blue is tight I don't believe you can make a graphtec blade holder drag.   I have been proven wrong before but this is based on my personal experience.

bottom blue part should be tight and all adjustments made from top

did you make sure the blue part is screwed on tight and not cracked - had one like that once

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

the only way a graphtec blade holder will drag is if the bottom is not screwed on tight from my experience - had one that cracked the bottom blue part and took quite a while to figure that out.  if the blue is tight I don't believe you can make a graphtec blade holder drag.   I have been proven wrong before but this is based on my personal experience.

bottom blue part should be tight and all adjustments made from top

i will check this,  it makes sense.  just long job is cutting now. have to wait it. 

12 minutes ago, Nikolay said:

i will check this,  it makes sense.  just long job is cutting now. have to wait it. 

this will cause all sorts of confusion because you just don't see it often

PB070007.JPG

• Like 1

Maybe this 2 lanes on the lens do not mean 2mm, becouse i berelly feel it on my finger.  and it is not 2mm at all... it is less then 1mm.. 
maybe it is my mistake to call it 2mm... 

Hello, New problem on the horizon

Black part of Vinyl is cutted good and smooth, But the sticky part is verry bad, verry hard to pull on places arround the cuts . 
But if the stiky part is clear, it is verry easy to pull up. 
Anybody know what is the problem ? 

0-02-05-d1797a4768c6e51d6bfc12cdb520291bd3e27824db4ca24bc2c7ba3b0305c5c2_d6aa6fd7.jpg

With that cutter you cannot cut all the way thru. You will damage your teflon cutting strip.  You need a cutting mat behind it. 

What ? 
I am cutting the vinyl ofcorse, but when peeling off it is leaving some strange traces of glue arround the cuts and it is hard to pull the vinyl. 
The matte and the transperant parts are both the waxpaper, both are with glue, But on the transperant part it is verry hard to pull the vinyl up. 

what type of vinyl? I have never seen vinyl do that..  Maybe add a little force, so that it cuts thru the adhesive more. 

It does look like it's cutting all the way through, but it could just be that the vinyl is on a clear backing.

Like Skeeter said, if you're cutting through the vinyl, but it's still gummy, then you might need to use just a little more force. Ideally you want to cut through both the vinyl and the adhesive in a single pass, then weed it soon after cutting. If you wait too long to weed it, the cut in the adhesive will disappear and make it difficult to weed.