Sign in to follow this  
ericmschwanke

CE6000-60 Plus, Issues with smaller fonts?

I have been working with Graphtec support for over a month trying to troubleshoot this issue and haven't gotten anywhere so I want to ask here to see if anyone has a suggestion.

When I cut fonts, Really anything under 80pts The letters end up all jagged like it couldn't figure out how to connect the circles properly. Graphtec has had me reset my unit, replace the blade holder ($100 down the drain still having the problem) I have replaced the blade. Checked to make sure the holder is in there tight and also that the Pen Block isn't loose. I ran a test with the pen in instead of the blade holder and blade and it was perfect.

I am running Version 1.30-STU

Condition 1 - CB09U S30 F14 A2

I only run rolls of Oracal 631 indoor vinyl. Can anyone brainstorm a different solution? The 3rd photo without writing is after changing the blade holder but still slightly getting issues that you can see on the 2 and the 9, they just aren't smooth cuts.

IMG_6657.jpg

IMG_6658.jpg

IMG_6759.JPG

Which software? Have you tried a different cutting software?   Does it do the same if you use the Graphtec cutting controller.  How did you set your blade depth? It doesn't look like your cutting with the blade tip. more like the side when the blade turns.   What are your settings?  Where did you get your blades?  And you typed all of these letters numbers from your software? None are traced right? 

I use Cut Master 4(I use a mac) I've never used the Graphtec Cutting Controller I don't even see that with the Mac software.. Blade depth is set at just shy of 2mm. ( I use the PM-CT-001 to set the depth)

I can't help you with a Mac.  Or Cutting master.   But have you tried to use Signcut trial?   It is for a Mac.   Can you borrow a Windows computer and try it on?    Very few Mac people on here,  except   member haumana, that I can think of.   She has a Graphtec Ce6000

Did you try it on Signcut or Scalp Mac trials?  Us old timers don't use Mac.  We can't help, because we don't use what you use. 

27 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did you try it on Signcut or Scalp Mac trials?  Us old timers don't use Mac.  We can't help, because we don't use what you use. 

Exploring right now. When I look at the wireframe in Signcut it looks off, SCAL 3 that I used with my old US Cutter the Illustrator file is perfect.

But when I just used Signcut to cut it... It is perfect. The mystery continues!

IMG_6783.JPG