vofur

USCutter SC2 ARM and Contour cutting not aligning properly

Hello USCutter community,

Software: VinylMaster Cut

Cutter: USCutter 34 Inch SC2 Series

I have spent a considerable amount of time going through the manual, online tutorials, and topics created here on this forum to try to remedy this issue; I have done each of the 5 calibration options available to me multiple times and I have tried to reinstall the usb chipset drivers.

I have no idea where to go next and I am not fully sure if getting a replacement will fix the issue.

I have attached an image with two test sheets:

Contour Cut Test Sheet on the left: This is what happens when I align the laser to the center of each registration mark as the program prompts me to.

Contour Cut Test Sheet on the right: Almost looks right, but its not at the bottom. This is what happens when I align the laser to ONLY the first registration mark (the one with the square) and then nothing else (just pressing enter until done, not aligning registration point 2,3, or 4). Strangely enough, this is the test that has been the second most accurate.

The most accurate I have gotten contour cutting to work was the very first time I used it: I printed and contour cut a design and it worked perfectly. I printed and cut 3 more (4 total) and pressed 4 shirts that day. This issue is what happened the next day when I tried to cut THE SAME DESIGN but it wouldn't cut right.

Sorry for the long post and appreciate the help,

V

cutter alignment.jpg

EDIT: In another topic user MZ SKEETER proposed an interesting product for people using USB, as I am. The link to the topic and product is below. I am going to try this BUT I would like to hear all suggestions still since this may not be a definite solution.

Topic: (http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/56112-contour-cutting-issues/)

Product: (https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Tripp-Lite+Keyspan+Adapter&qid=1552238049&s=gateway&sr=8-1)

Edited by vofur
Adding information from another post

I don't use either one, but the SC2 cutter does not have ARMS, It is a manual laser cutter.  I hope your not trying to use the ARMS calibration.   ARMS is (Automatic Registration Mark Sensor.)  Found on higher end cutters like Graphtec and Roland.    When you use a pen to draw, there is no blade offset.   The pen tool does not drag and turn.  Blade offset should be  zero.   Blade offset is used for blades that drag, like the blade in your vinyl cutter that turns and swivels while cutting. 

Also, I hope you set the Cutter SCALE correctly first, before you ever started cutting with this vinyl cutter. That Cutter Scale sets the scale from the vinyl cutter to the Vmaster software for correct resolution.  Did you also set your blade depth correctly from the git go? 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder.  

• Like 1

Hi MZ SKEETER,

I read it did not have ARMS,  I was not using ARMS but there was something that I used initially that was automated and it worked well the first time. Maybe it was something in VM software? Same issues happen with the manual settings though.

Blade offset was zero with the pen, and then set back to default for blade. I did not use blade at all for any of these contour tests though as I didn't want to waste material. Other than that, I have very limited knowledge on blade offset as i've just been using the default settings without issue so far (for things not include reg marks).

The blade depth is perfect as well. I have written down several pressure settings and blade depths for many different materials now. No ripping or cutting, no cuts on the silicon strip. My jobs with vinyl and vector cuts are excellent and provide amazing detail. My main issue is when I am using the registration marks for when I use transfer papers.

I previously had the mh-871 and had success with it. I was able to make very intricate designs for many different things and I upgraded to this, the SC2, specifically for the laser/reg mark feature.

Cutter scale is something I don't think I know about or messed with though. Where and how should I adjust this?

I will get back to you when I next mess with the machine.

Thanks,

V

EDIT: Also, since I just invested into this cutter, if anyone has suggestions about other cutters around this range that can do at least registration marks, or maybe do them better, I may be enticed to move my investments around... Around the forum, and as SKEETER mentioned, I have heard graphtec and roland a lot. Graphtec mostly. I am open to suggestions.

EDIT2: Ahh, yes, I did indeed put ARM into the title... I may have to get that removed.

Yes,, you did put ARM in your title, which is why, I stated ARMS.  Cutter Scale is in the calibrations section of Vinyl Master. Follow the instructions.  It is to make sure if you sent a design that was. say 5" x 5"  that it's not cutting 4.75" x 4.75"   or some other size that would not be 5" ,which would not be to scale.   The Laser pointer 3 has ARMS,  which is automatic.  But it is still a stepper cutter.  I don't know anything about it. It only came out last year.    The lowest price cutter with servo motor and ARMS is a Titan 3.  I don't cut transfer papers, so someone else will have to help you.  

https://www.uscutter.com/LaserPoint-3-Vinyl-Cutter-ARMS-Contour-Cut

29 minutes ago, maklinedinst1962 said:

i posted on a post that has the same issues im having ,that the contour calibration setup doesnt work no matter which method is used to set it up,i have been working on it for two days and it doesnt do as the instructions  say it should ,and the software its working along with the cutter,the cutter just does what it feels like if it does  anything at all, the laser pointer is suppose to turn on for calibration of the marks and it doesnt, so you cant use the laser to calibrate it and you cant use the cutter to calibrate it ,it doesnt cut anywhere near the test cut sheet.and all i hear is i have to buy more things to MAYBE GET IT TO WORK. they didnt mind taking the money but theres isnt any real help to be had.

Just so you know.  Most people would rather use the blade in the center of the registration marks and record it.  Don't even need to use the laser for contour cutting.  

@vofur How were you able to resolve this issue? I've only had my machine a few weeks and I'm having the same issue with it not cutting correctly on the contour cut setting 

1 hour ago, KRA71235 said:

@vofur How were you able to resolve this issue? I've only had my machine a few weeks and I'm having the same issue with it not cutting correctly on the contour cut setting 

OP vofur has not been back since  May 2019. long wait.