diver4

Can't Vectorize an image in Vinylmaster Cut

I have read through the forum and tried every solution that was suggested with no luck.

I have tried importing the image in different formats from jpg to gif and still can't get it to vectorize.

I have also tried different images and have only been able to vectorize a small number of them...

I have been a Sign Blazer user for a long time and even though it is still working I wanted to get a more modern version of cutting software working so I can start using that. I can import the same file into Sign Blazer and vectorize it with no problem.

I have tried importing files, copying and pasting files and even acquiring them into Vinylmaster with very little luck of getting any of them to vectorize.

If I export the file from Sign Blazer and import into Vinylmaster the file looks and cuts perfectly but I would like to be able to build new files in Vinylmaster using images.

Any suggestions and help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Dale

Vectorize1.jpg

Vectorize2.jpg

Vectorize3.jpg

Edited by diver4
misspelling

Where did you buy your version of Vinyl Master Cut?  If directly from Vinyl Master website, then it does not have the vector program in it for Vinyl Master Cut.  Only the UScutter version of Vinyl Master Cut has the vector program. 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Where did you buy your version of Vinyl Master Cut?  If directly from Vinyl Master website, then it does not have the vector program in it for Vinyl Master Cut.  Only the UScutter version of Vinyl Master Cut has the vector program. 

It came with the new cutter I bought from US Cutter. I have been able to vectorize a small number of files with it just not all files.

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

Then it should have the vector program in it.  Contact UScutter tech support or Vinyl Master tech support. 

That will be my next step, thanks.

I have watched the video and am doing everything correctly and as I stated I can vectorize some images but not all. They are all black and white images like the one in the pictures I posted so there is nothing complicated about them.

Thanks

What exactly is it that you're doing and what results are you getting? The second screen shot above looks good and you just need to click the trace button.

Re-Save your Original image in a Bitmap Program like Photoshop or Gimp as a .jpg with a

slightly larger background so that the Black in your Example Image

does not touch the outside edges of the Background.

Alternately, you could remove the white background in a bitmap Program and save as a .png with a

TRANSPARENT background and Trace in VinylMaster..

Then, Vector Trace.

Vectorize_01b.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, darcshadow said:

What exactly is it that you're doing and what results are you getting? The second screen shot above looks good and you just need to click the trace button.

Yes the second screen shot looks fine but when I hit trace the results I get are the 3rd screen shot..

10 hours ago, skarekrow said:

Re-Save your Original image in a Bitmap Program like Photoshop or Gimp as a .jpg with a

slightly larger background so that the Black in your Example Image

does not touch the outside edges of the Background.

Alternately, you could remove the white background in a bitmap Program and save as a .png with a

TRANSPARENT background and Trace in VinylMaster..

Then, Vector Trace.

Vectorize_01b.jpg

I added a small white border around the image and imported it into vinylmaster and it vectorized with no problem! THANKS!!!!

Apparently if any part an image is close to or touching the edge vinylmaster does not vectorize it properly, even though other programs may vectorize it vinylmaster won't, by adding a small border around the image it worked like a champ!

Thanks again skarekrow for the solution.....

• Like 1

Guest Vinyl775

When i try to vectorize then click split screen nothing appears in the second screen doesnt matter what kind of file it is i have had the mh 821 cutter for a month and havent been able to get it ti cut anything yet very frustrating I watch the tutorials over and over and dont even get the same options in my program which came with the cutter from us cutter

Vinyl775, welcome.

May I make a small suggestion? Try using a different program, just to get a feel of your cutter operating correctly, and then move beyond the basics into other options.

Here is the most simple application to connect and run the MH unit --
http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

(Choose RedSail RS720C in Cutter setup)

When you have it installed and open, go to the DRAW menu, choose Library, and pick any graphic from there.
Let's start with that.

What version of Vinyl Master do you have, I believe Cut is the default version that is included which is extremely limited on what it can do. Basically it can cut. Any design work would need to be done in another program. Inkscape is good for that, and it's free.

• Like 1

Guest Tania

Thanks for the confirmation.  Was starting to think I was going crazy! Have messaged them already and waiting on a reply.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.