Sign in to follow this  
Lefty2

Lynx PII60

I have this old Lynx cutter that I pulled out of storage and wanted to use it as a plotter. It came with a pen tip to put in place of the blade and I was thinking I could plot to it from AutoCAD. It only has serial and parallel connections so I got a parallel to usb converter cable. The machine uses a dongle that goes along with LXI software. When I installed the machine, windows drivers for it installed successfully. I thought it would just appear in my "printers" list but I can't seem to get it to work. Is this even possible or am I on a fool's errand?

Thanks.

Cutters do not appear as printers.

They work through the Com port and are driven by the cutting software LXI

Graphtecs do.  On my computers XP and 7.   I didn't put them there. They all installed there.  Not sure if the Lynx Pii-60 is like the  Lynx S-60     I did find a user manual for the Lynx S-60  on a competitor website.  But no user manual for the Pii60

printers.JPG

Should work if you can get the hook up figured out. Not sure if you will need a specific format for the file though. Possibly would need to be a dxf. That's just a guess. They will look old school. I drew a welcome home banner on a really big piece of paper in a cool font and then my kids colored within the lines and it turned out awesome. I just did a regular cut file though. Have you tried opening the CAD file in your software so you can see if that part at least works? I'm sure there is a way to get the two talking to each other. 

Thanks for the encouragement. I managed to get it to communicate with the LXI software and it was able to open a DXF file but only part of it showed up. But the machine tried to cut it so I guess I'm happy so far. I still have to get a pen tip. The one that came with it is long gone and probably dried up anyway. But at least I know it works.

Does anyone know where I can get a pen tip for this? The company that sold it doesn't sell it anymore. I've seen some HP tips online that look exactly like the one I used to have for this machine. Are they pretty standard?