Lorne D. Manor.

New to vinyl. Just got a fc 7000 75

2 minutes ago, Lorne D. Manor. said:

i changed the blade setting but thats not it  darn

The way you were explaining the problem, was that it was not moving at all.  UP or Down.   Did you set the blade in the blade holder correctly for the vinyl you are cutting?    That is a blade holder for a CB15 blade for reflective vinyl.   

Again. Have you ever ran a Graphtec vinyl cutter? 

oh i thought i mentioned that i am a newbie. i have not run a graphtec vinyl cutter before.  i do have a other machine a ce 5000-60 that i bought but i saw a great deal on this one and bought it. i was able to get the ce 5000 sort of going but so far i put all my effort into this one as this is the one i want to keep. i did say it was moving up and down just not plunging the blade into the media it drops down and i can see the blade pop out of the blade holder..the machine does its business and runs the media around but the cutteing blade just dances on top of the media wont pierce it . it may be stuck in the mode for setting blade depth. not sure.

the right blade is in not the one that it was changed to in the settings...i changed the setting back to correspond with the blade that is in the holder now. the holder is set properly in the arm.

so the blade that is now in the machine and always was is the cb09ux

the blade and machine cut before on test and made a real nice cutting spelling out cutting pro... it wont anymore

Edited by Lorne D. Manor.
spelling

Where do you live?  US?  What is this supposed to mean?  "it may be stuck in the mode for setting blade depth" ?  YOU have to set the blade depth manually. This is how to set the blade depth. and force correctly. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip our of the blade holder.  

Take some time and read your user manual. It is on the Graphtec site.   

i am in canada near detroit. i have the manual i am reading it.its hard to see what they mean but i can figure it out.i feel the blade depth in the holder was perfect because it cut before excellent. just the media and not the underlying material.

the screen keeps reverting to a set blade depth screen. asking me to change the settings but i did not want to change the depth in the holder as it is perfect right now

the blade holder does not go down and allmost touch the media. there is a good gap when it runs. but i can see the blade dancing around above the media

the arm moves up and down just not far enough down

3 minutes ago, Lorne D. Manor. said:

the screen keeps reverting to a set blade depth screen. asking me to change the settings but i did not want to change the depth in the holder as it is perfect right now

Maybe the cutters in Canada are different.  My FC7000-MK2-75 does not have a screen come up and say that about blade depth.  Maybe that cutter is Graphtec Europe?     Mine is Graphtec America. 

There are differences in Machines between Graphtec America and Graphtec Europe and other countries. 

yes thats true. the power is different but canada and the usa share most things. theres not a lot of differnce in these two countries...we are so small population wise that we just follow you guys with 99% of everything.

17 minutes ago, Lorne D. Manor. said:

yes thats true. the power is different but canada and the usa share most things. theres not a lot of differnce in these two countries...we are so small population wise that we just follow you guys with 99% of everything.

OPs from England have been on here, trying to get cutters to work, on different things, and their cutters were different.  They came from Graphtec Europe. They showed pictures.  Their blade holders arms were different,, The CE 6000 had a different style blade holder arm,  that could be put in a front or back position . For perf cutting.  It even had the groove in it so the teflon cutting strip wouldn't be tore up.  There was something different with the CE5000 also.  That may have also had a different blade holder arm.   I could not help him, because our cutters were different. 

That feature was only available United States on the FC line of cutters. Starting at FC8000

wild   great information   my experience here in canada is everything we have we get from the usa  or is styled for both  we are like a extra state 

our whole country population is equal to your california. i am 50 years old  all of our stuff basically conforms to usa standards. the uk and Europe is a different animal

i went thru the blade setting procedure and it still doesnt work...hmmm

Do you have the blade holder sitting in the arm correctly with the flange over the outer ring of the blade holder.   Another guy just had this problem. 

Their CE models blade holder arms were like this picture.  This in US was only on the FC models 

blade holder.JPG

ya that part i am certain...it has to be settings because i changed something and messed it up. it was cutting so nice when i did the test it cut out the word cutting pro mint. but now refuses to bring down the cutting blade holder to the media. i can see a decent gap between the holder and the media.  and i can see the little blade wiping out and turning back and forth not cutting. leaves not even a scratch. its crazy. i just got a cue tip and cleaned the area where the machine moves the arm up and down. it had some minor crap in there but after i ran it again same problem

mine doesn't have the dual ring to locate it in two spots thou... i did see that in the manual. it said that was a option for a two pen system....i dont have it. i did position the holder properly thou. thank you for the pictures. it was good from the start. i did take it out later and replace it like that. very similar to my ce 5000-60

Do you know how to do a factory reset?  Hold down UP arrow while turning on the power at the same time.  

Are you still trying this in Signblazer?    Graphtec has Graphtec Studio also. I think it runs on GP-GL.    I have never tried it.   Have you tried using the Graphtec Cutting Controller?  That is about all I do use right on my computer.  I never change settings on my vinyl cutter.  Below drivers on the Graphtec site.   I change all my settings from my computer.  To make the Graphtec Cutting Controller open, the vinyl cutter must be ready to cut. 

I have sign blazer open. Was messing with the settings on the machine itself 

the Graphtec Studio will not link with my machine.  It says it’s for the mk2 jobbie and mine is the older fc 7000-75 cutting pro.  No mk2.  On graphtecs website they list the software as separate for the two machines. I tried it any way for spits and shiggles but it would not link up.  I am going to try the reset that you mentioned 

when it cut real nice it was doing it from cut master 2 software.  But only that “ cutting pro” word was cut out. I weeded it and it looked mint.  Blade did not go to far but cut out perfect 

machine was smooth quite and fast. 

After I loaded the software today to cut from sign blazer it was doing what my other cutter did. Just cutting random stuff and running up the roll in a straight line.  So I changed the setting to hp-gl. Then it was moving around the media and going thru the motions.   I felt it was taking the proper paths needed.  But I could see the knife was no longer dropping down far enough into the media. 

I would start slow, until you learn your cutter.  You have never stated what settings you are using.  Try a different trial of cutting software.   Vinyl Master,  Signcutpro. 

I will.  Thank you so much for staying with me. I wish I could send you some pictures or just talk on the phone. Text leaves so much left to interpretation 

Maybe someone else can chime in. Try Graphtec tech support.  Nothing more that I can help with. I covered all I know, without seeing screen shots of settings. Which may or not help. Which can be posted right here, so other members can help.  I would have no idea what you have going on or what settings you changed. I have never had your problem. Most times it is because people don't have the blade holder seated correctly or the blade and force set correctly.   Your welcome

The blade force is set at 11. 

Should the blade holder when cutting have a two mill gap between the media and the very bottom of the blade holder? I think no but I am not sure.  I thought there was supposed to be like a thickness of a piece of paper on the gap.  When it’s cutting