pawdell

Graphtec CE6000-60 Plus Tool Holder Mount Question

Hello,

I am getting acquainted with the CE6000-60 Plus cutter. VERY nice, but not that I have any experience in other cutters.

One question I have is the tool holder mount. Before I purchased the cutter, I went to Graphtec's website and selected the CE6000 Plus model and download the manual from that page, I found instructions and an image about blade holder placement in the blade holder mount depending on half-cutting or cutting out. The holder mount in the manual, when looking overhead, looks like the outline of a number "8". The  mount on my Plus model is just a single hole so the blade is always over the cutting strip. My intentions with this cutter was to be able to cut out some material. I didn't want to have to use a carrier sheet.

Am I missing something or is there an optional blade holder mount available?

Thank you,

Paul

Untitled.png

The holder in the picture is on Graphtec Europe models. and maybe some other countries. I don't even know if there is a groove in front of the cutting strip for the blade to go into on the American machines.  .      But that Holder is also on the newer American  FC models,  FC8000  and FC8600.   You would have to contact Graphtec on whether they can be changed.  I have never heard of anyone changing it. 

Although this cutter is used, it would have been a great deal for that..  It does have that holder.  I have a FC8000-75. The FC cutters are great vinyl cutters and he has a great price on this one.  He lowered the price to $1450.   I have a FC7000-MK2-75 that I gave been using since 2008,  Never a problem .  I also picked up a used  FC8000-75 last summer for cheap. 

Yeah - I may have seen the initial $1750 post before purchasing this one. Perhaps my mistake on decision, but I'm not necessarily disappointed, either. The local pickup/meeting may have swayed my choice.

He may have shipped it for a price, but there are also Companys that do pick up, box up, and deliver for you. Many reliable truckers need a load back from delivering. 

I guess this is the case of: Get confirmation prior to purchase. Graphtec replied back (quickly), but the dual tool holder is only available on the CE6000-40 model as it is part of their Automatic Sheet Cutter. As stated above, one would need to step up to the FC8600 to do what I want to do.

Thanks for the replies. Not a deal breaker, but still a little disappointing.