LizFish1

Issues with cut/plot onto vinyl

Hi I am a newbie to vinyl cutting. I have installed the Artcut 2009 software onto my laptop and set up a file which I require to cut onto vinyl. I have the cutter plugged into laptop via USB port.
When I go to click on either test or cut/plot it says an unnamed file was not found.

Please can anyone help?

No mention of which vinyl cutter, but hopefully you downloaded the correct drivers for it and installed them on your laptop. Then rebooted your laptop. Then you must match the com port number in your computer device manager with the com port number in your vinyl cutter set up in your cutting software.   They must be the correct matching com port number to work.  Also is this a new or a used vinyl cutter? 

Another thing, you mention that you are a Newbie to vinyl cutting.   The file you are trying to cut, is it a vector file or a jpeg?  Vector files are the only files that sign software and cutters can cut.

I'm not sure which file extension Artcut 2009 uses but some of the vector files used in vinyl cutting are Adobe Illustrator, PDF, EPS and SVG.  Most fonts can be cut so you can try a test cut using letters.

I hope this helps.

Could also be an install problem with the Artcut program. Try the other suggestions first and if they don't work you might try reinstalling Artcut. If that doesn't work, I'd try a different software, Signblazer can be found on these forums and is free, or there are several cutting programs that offer free trial versions.