Sign in to follow this  
texoil1

Cutter Not Cutting To Spec

Hello everyone,

I need help guys. When I cut out a rectangle 17in x 36in it came out 17 1/4 x 36 1/2. So I did a small test square 3x6 and noticed the first time I hit the cut button the screen that pops up reads the true dimensions but when I hit the cut now button the next screen shows the dimensions as 2.992x5.984. Why are my cuts off so much? 

Thanks

1.PNG

2.PNG

Thank You for replying. Is this the screen you're talking about? If so when I cut a test square 3x3 and hit cut test it cuts a 3 1/16 x 3 1/8 square. How do I adjust that after cutting it? Should I reset scale to factory settings?

Capture3.PNG

Thanks MZ Skeeter for pointing me in the right direction. 

What I did was enter 4x4 for size of test box. Cut it using the pen and measured it. It was 4 1/16 x 4 1/8. I then entered those measurements into the size of text box converting it to decimals and hit update. Had to do it a couple of times but got it spot on. You think they would put such a crucial step in the owner's manual. Thankfully they have a forum with great people.

You will find this in most cutting software.  It is not the vinyl cutter, it is the cutting software, and the instructions are in the cutting software.  The software determines the resolution, or how many steps. At the top of most any cutting software layout is HELP, you will find your HELP topics there. Your welcome.