Sign in to follow this  
Bassjosh8989

Vinyl decals wont peel.

I have no experience but I did squeegee the palate both side. It’s wont stick to transfer tape and if it does it rips the back passer up with it. Any tips? 

5550D5DA-33A9-4F3C-B65E-297C645A2818.jpeg

C4558048-168B-4369-9E83-918D6750D045.jpeg

You should be peeling the wax paper backing off the decal. it makes a huge difference. Lay decal  tape down, peel the backing off.   No mention which vinyl or tape you are using, 

• Like 2

Looking at your first picture, I believe you are cutting too deep and cutting into the backing paper. Reset your blade length as per MZ SKEETER'S instructions and reduce your pressure settings. You should barely be making an indentation on the backing paper with your blade.

• Like 5

I also agree that the cutter is cutting too. The blade should just be making an impression on the backing paper.  

Another thing that will cause the vinyl to stay on the backing paper is it's age.  If the vinyl is old it tends to be a little harder to get it off of the backing paper. 

• Like 1

I'll b a 3rd wheel saying looks like cutting to deep. either blade setup incorrectly, or too much pressure.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:45 PM, dwp99 said:

Another thing that will cause the vinyl to stay on the backing paper is it's age.  If the vinyl is old it tends to be a little harder to get it off of the backing paper. 

Happens to me all the the time :(

Another possibility, because it happens to me all the time ... old app tape. I don't hustle enough business to turn my inventory of vinyl and app tape as frequently as it should be, so I still with what I have and do what I can.