cindus1

Help Vectorizing

So someone asked me if I could do a shirt with their company logo, the image is attached.  When I import and then go to vectorize, there are so many colors I can't get it to come out right. The shirt is going to be yellow, so i want to remove that color completely. The corners of little yellow parallelograms and the lines on the road aren't sharp.  The letters don't even look clear.  I'm not sure what to do.  Do I need to somehow convert this image to another format first?  I have Vinylmaster Pro.  I also have a Cricut and their software seems to do a little better job, but still has rounded corners.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

Cindy

961952063417-350.png

First things first ---  identify those fonts (2 different ones).

Do not ever vectorize text. Horrible results.

Ask them for a higher-resolution copy, maybe if you're lucky get an .eps version!!!

• Like 2

Thanks for the info on the text!

X1ArmBanditx--Sorry to ask stupid questions, but I'm pretty new to all this.  What do you mean by "redraw?"

Thanks!!

Cindy

Trace by hand, that is a pretty easy logo to do by hand. Bring the logo into your program and using the bezier tool to trace over the image.

• Like 1

looks like the logo was designed by GP designs in a contest :)    https://logotournament.com/contests/site-development-corporation/by/gpdesign

and according to that site the agreement looks they would be provided high resolution files  - there would need to be changes for cut files as the logo is made for print or web use with the "reflection" part of the upper logo

• Like 1

Trust me on this.... never use the shirt for a color.  You’ll be much happier down the road to go ahead and layer the yellow vinyl. Some designs won’t look right. 

I don't know, I do a lot of shirts and often use the shirt color in the design if it's going to avoid another layer (and color). I always talk this over with the client though so they don't have any issues. I try to keep as much "open" shirt as possible to help it breathe better. A small LC is irrelevant but on a full width it can get to be too much and feel bad and be a sweaty spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildgoose said:

I don't know, I do a lot of shirts and often use the shirt color in the design if it's going to avoid another layer (and color). I always talk this over with the client though so they don't have any issues. I try to keep as much "open" shirt as possible to help it breathe better. A small LC is irrelevant but on a full width it can get to be too much and feel bad and be a sweaty spot.

i agree with this..it always use the shirt color ALWAYS lol..i does breathe better and it looks better to me imo plus it gives les feel

its like have you ever used 3g opaque o something..you cant use the whole 11x17 sheet on a shirt or it would be like wearing a piece of cardboard but if you have the right design and spacing/breathing room in said design, its good

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.