Makers720

Quick Question

Hello, all!

New to the forum and new to vinyl cutting.  I am looking for a program that will convert a picture to an outline like the ones below.  I have Cuts A Lot Pro 4, but still playing with it.  Is it able to do this or is it a different software?

Thanks!

947A3F84-8DF1-4B0B-A07A-9F60F3EE3D9E.jpeg

731C3BFA-2BBC-45E6-900C-4DBF6FFE8082.jpeg

most design software has tracing functions and uscutter sells a program called graphics tracer - but with all of those there will be clean up and node editing needed to make them really good - working with vector graphics is a skill  - some of our members have been known to do a clean trace manually for a price

on the dog pictures do you have permission from HAMMER & STAIN ROCKVILLE to reproduce their work?

• Like 1

I think he's just using those as reference of what he wants. As Dakota said, most programs have a trace feature, but that's not going to give you the outline like you're wanting. You pretty much have to redraw it, or do a lot of editing of the photo before tracing it.

Like others have said, autotrace is available in many programs, but it will often not get you all the way there.  Redrawing becomes nessacary on many images.  That said, a centerline trace might work better for at least the housing.  Your image, outline trace, centerline trace, your 2nd image, outlines trace from CorelDraw 2019.  I didn't spend much time on the settings.

tracesamp.thumb.png.a8f3b7a29123ff75cb3d704f090c5c37.png

• Like 1