I am a fit frustrated and disappointed. I have owned my cutter since 2015 but have only used it about 2 times, maybe 3.  Today I went to make something for a friend and noticed the belt was hanging a bit. But because I never use it, I never thought much of it.  I went ahead and click cut and the cutter would only cut in a straight line. I immediately canceled the cut noting the belt was dangling.  I touched it and it fell into my hand.  Turns out the belt was chewed in half on the right side. see pics. there is a big chunk missing.  This makes me think it was not installed properly from the beginning.  My question is. how do I reinstall it once i purchase the belt located here https://www.uscutter.com/index/page/shopping_cart/actions[ShoppingCartModule]/remove_item/cart_index/0https://www.uscutter.com/index/page/shopping_cart/actions[ShoppingCartModule]/remove_item/cart_index/0 ALPBELTSHRT

Are there any videos on how to install this properly because I don't want to have to buy another belt. I feel like I shouldn't have to purchase this one because of the lack of use on this machine but realize it has been a few years since the purchase.  Help would be good. IMG_1407.thumb.JPG.69299e37a2fb7c5fd27614ad8601131e.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_1405.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

Never seen a video on that but then again haven’t seen a broke belt since 2008 ish on an old Nevada printer   You might be able to get help from support if you are the original purchaser of the unit

Hello April, welcome to this Forum.

Your question is certainly unique, as I can't recall anyone here having to replace the belt. That being said, it shouldn't be too difficult on that SC unit, since access to the belt & carriage is fairly straightforward.

First of all, remove the left-hand cover (where the power cord comes in) -- there's two Phillips screws (one front and one rear) and just pop the cover right off (bottom first, then top), and you'll see the tensioner for the belt.

Do the same thing on the other side. That's where the drive motor is located.

Those metal end clips/pins will attach onto posts on the back of the carriage itself, and you can access them by literally disengaging the carriage from the track (carefully jump the wheels off)  -- best to remove the blade holder first before doing this.

• Thanks 1

think something is defective with this machine. this screw is hanging by a tip, I took the picture and it fell completely out. I'm glad I took the picture so I could see where it was supposed to go. But it will not screw in. It's just literally hanging by a tip.   this is the right side fastener belt I presume.  But there is no way to use it. It's just dangling.  Then you can see where it was getting chewed up on the right side wheel.  I have only used this machine to make vinal letters for 1 sign and 2 stencils.  Something is definitely not right here.  I don't know how to fix the issue with the belt the tension belt.  If I buy another belt there is no way to make that work, It would fall from the machine again. 

So say I get the tension pully installed (which I didn't because the screw hole is not big enough) and I purchase a belt. how do I get it through the black crossbar? do I need to take the top control panel off too?  I'm a girl! thinking I should have just got a cricut.  but didn't know such a thing existed back then.  Please help. This machine is definitely defective. 

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1409.JPG

nothing appears defective  = the screw you show doesn't screw into anything but presses outward once the belt is installed to provide the tension - my guess would be the unit got bumped , maybe carriage came off the rails and that let the tension loose on the belt - so when you noticed it was loose and ran it anyways the motor gears would have chewed the belt to shreds - best bet would have been to investigate when you noticed the belt appeared loose as you indicated in your first post.  This is a very unusual thing - all the people on the forum are users with lots of experience and we see lots of post from people over the years - this is a new one.

• Thanks 1

i will look at my sc model when I get back home. Im Dakota on the tensioner. samething on a lot of cars. that screw just uses the small hole for position, and just spins in it.  it adjust the tension on the belt by the silver barrel it is threaded in.

• Like 1

I think the belt runs into the black crossbar because when the tension bar dropped after the belt broke I pulled a great deal out of the tension bar area.  Dakaoa, I the cartridge has never come off.  Except now because I took it off and can't get it back on LOL..  I just want to make sure I can put this thing back together before buying a belt.   thanks, Guys.  Cardudenc If you can help me with how the belt should go on, I would appreciate it a bunch.. Maybe I should make a youtube video putting it back together. Might be hilarious. 

29 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

The link takes me to an error page.

AccessDeniedRequest has expired3002019-04-15T00:08:40Z2019-04-15T00:34:51Z0DF39E36759F5FBAYynwAnTG+6ZU8ltcP9G0OnCWob+sJQR9ftV+dL7hHHSBEI+1xEMHIItwUpeb2ffhTB4mieiHhZU=

I went back to your pics, looks like we have the same cutter.  unfortunately we live at the shop. so that's where im at tonight. lol  but should be home mam hr or 2. ive tore my cutter apart a few times. it was damaged in shipping, had to replace the carriage 1st thing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, April51 said:

The link takes me to an error page.

AccessDeniedRequest has expired3002019-04-15T00:08:40Z2019-04-15T00:34:51Z0DF39E36759F5FBAYynwAnTG+6ZU8ltcP9G0OnCWob+sJQR9ftV+dL7hHHSBEI+1xEMHIItwUpeb2ffhTB4mieiHhZU=

I got the same. forgot to post

• Like 1

Wow, your right on the link, it is invalid if I put the link right to the pdf but I can post a link to where you click on the pdf and that works. . . Link corrected but requires an extra step to read.  Sorry about that

• Like 1

I figured out. I just tore the whole thing apart and put it back together.  Thanks for your support.  Guess I'll order a belt. I have a feeling that is going to be fun to get on. ;)  I will make a youtube video. If for nothing else a good laugh.  

• Like 1

APRIL51, good to know you've now become an on-the-fly CUTTER TECH and have gotten into the nitty-gritty of disassembling that thing! At some point, most of us have taken a screwdriver to our machines and worked on them, so there's that.

Since you are from the "Show Me" state, it certainly would be worthwhile to make that video and post it here for future reference for others who may wish to see the process should their belts require replacing for whatever reason.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Namaste.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cardudenc said:

what size is your cutter?  isn't that a 24" roll of vinyl on it?

The SC801 is 34" ---   (850mm) -- when ordering this item, I would suggest talking to a USCUTTER sales rep directly instead of going through the website, and making sure of getting the correct part -- the indication "Long" or "Short" is not enough specification, since there's also a 53" model.

Also, notice the picture of that belt shown on the website does not have these metal 'tabs' on the ends. I sure as heck would not want to try and remove them from the existing (broken) belt and then somehow crimp them back onto a new belt. No siree bob!

ok. I wondered. the pic makes it look almost as big as mine. the sc 53". I was going to look at mine and get a few pics last night. but I laid dn my bike fri and by the time we got home last night I was too stiff to try the steps. lol

1 minute ago, cardudenc said:

any updates?

She hasn’t logged back in since 4-15.  :/