Worble7

Graphtec CE6000-60 Replacing Cutting Strip help

So my used graphtec CE6000-60 is not cutting right so I bought new blades and also a new cutting strips (see pic of old one) now my question is can I manually push/move the cutting head?? also are there any tip tricks or things I should do or look of for?? Thanks for your help. Jeff 

Graphtec CE6000-60 Cutting Strip.jpg

with the power off you can manually move the carriage - on the cutting stip about 30 percent of the graphtec cutting stips come off  clean - the other 70 percent will provide incentive to make sure you never cut into the cutting stip again.  almost all of them I did the butyl type adhesive has stayed on the plotter and I have used many solvents and once tried dry ice - make sure to get is very very clean so the new strip lays down properly as there are no shortcuts on that one.   we will all say a prayer for you :)

PS if yours doesn't come off clean first order of business is to remove all young children from the area so they don't learn new words 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LMAO Dakotagrafx I'm a very calm person I will Keep you posted when I get the new strip. Also I did not run the cutter into the strip I did my homework before I got the cutter :) Thanks Jeff

• Like 1

you will still run the plotter past the end of a roll or forget to reset the origin so it retracts the vinyl out of the machine and hit the strip - the experience of replacing the strip will give you cat like reflexes in turning the plotter off when that happens - even the best has accidents.  Just like forgetting to mirror HTV when doing shirts it happens to everyone eventually.   In the past 11 years I have bought several used plotters and they always need new strips so been thru it too many times - but you will do fine and patience is a major plus

• Haha 1

Getting new teflon strip today so I decided to remove the old one and see how hard it really was used this tool and it popped right up :)

Teflon Strip Graphtec CE6000-60.jpg

Tool Used on Graphtec CE6000-60.jpg

very fortunate - glad the adhesive is coming up easier than expected.  maybe they changed to something slightly less miserable!

Now Dakotagrafx I have a question I was using graphtec studio but I get Graphtec Pro Studio 2.40 (AKA Flexidesigner 10) Free So mt thought was get use to the graphtec and then the pro will become easier? Then I change my mind now I think it would be better to learn pro from the start so besides youtube and asking a ton of questions in here is there a place I can learn how to use the program better? Here's my first question so I cleaned up an image with bitmap vectorize bezier and I can't get the red changed white to open up in the letters?  how can I do this? Thanks Jeff

How to get rid of red outlines.jpg

I have used flexi pro and ve-lxi-master plus for years which is private labeled flexi pro too - the graphtec pro studio is almost identical to both and I would just learn that  - mark Rugen makes some great training videos on dvd that will help you learn flexi pro.   

Installed new teflon cutting strip it was hella easy just in case you don't think you can do it...... you can trust me. Thanks Jeff

New teflon cutting strip 4-18-2019.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Worble7 said:

red changed white to open up in the letters?  how can I do this?

select the text, use ctrl+m, that will "compound" {or go to arrange and select compound from there} the image and your holes will be knocked out, if you will. On another note if you typed the text out, there is no need to vectorize or trace it, it is already in vector format

• Like 1

On a designers note most of us experienced builders just don't trace out text unless we have exhausted every other possibility. It's faster to at least find a similar font and make modifications on that one than to trace things out. If it's one to 4 or 5 letters then I might just to get done and move on but those font designers spend a LOT of time perfecting all the little radius and corner angles and it's a lot of work to get it to look good. Like mfatty500 said every vector program on the planet that I am aware of either operates with the text already converted to outlines or has the needed feature to convert the font to a vector outline built in.

SOME fonts look good when small but are actually not so awesome when you get up close and personal. The messier fonts will cause some issues when you get into doing path offsets, outlines or shadows or whatever your program calls them. You will know it when you see a really strange outline and most of the time it's a bad spot on the base font design. I really enjoy the design side of the business. Some struggle but practice makes perfect and it's a handy skill to have and a necessary one in the cutting world. 

• Like 1

Thanks Wildgoose,

I'm finding out alot real fast I thought it would Be like plug and play push the button and a decal is cut out it's not that easy sometimes. Thanks Jeff 

• Like 1

It BECOMES easy. In a year or two you will look back and wonder why it seemed so complicated. I'm an Adobe Illustrator guy and when I first started learning the program I thought I would never figure it out. Now it's second nature and I use it for all kinds of other things too. I am a construction manager by trade (vinyl and shirts is a side thing) and I do technical drawings and make annotations on pdf drawings and make cool presentations for my kids for school or nice personalized cards for birthdays etc... Enjoy the journey. 

• Like 1

Wildgoose,

I guess it's like anything else new it will take time :) but some are smarter than others lol Right now it's like looking at and airplane instrument panel. Thanks Jeff