Jimbobz

Can anyone help please

Hi I have set my cutter up and and having problems It seems to be wondering off and not closing cuts 

I have checked the belt tension 

blade off set which has closed the lines slightly but still has the lines kicking off it’s 

changed blade holder twice still no distance

after 3 days of reading forums and trying to sort this out i have hit a dead end 

I have  attached picture

design is with coral draw 2018

cutting software signcut pro 2 

many help would be great 

these are suppose to be circles 

A0C98BB8-9DDF-4367-9A62-D45BBE80B1D1.png

5BA64938-153B-4032-A5C2-FBE178286E32.jpeg

what plotter are you using?

how did you set your blade exposure?  - too much exposure puts the point of the blade farther from the center point on a drag knife plotter and why it is important to use the least amount of blade possible on small detail

Looks live very very small cuts so adjustments have to be spot on and a servo motor cutter would be best for that small

I am using a cutter call pixmax only had it a week before that I have a Seiki and had that 2 years with no problem this only started since I got new cutter when the old one gave up 

it is small cut around 10mm in total and the circles are around 2mm 

i did blade offset through signcut and fitted the blade as normal with new Roland blade and adjusted with force to get the cut right 

blade exposure is the big factor not mentioned in your reply 

here is skeeters instructions:

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

This is wot I have done it is more the fact that it is going off course where it is kicking out 

here is a new picture since I changed ofset

i have got the ofset at 0.47 which seems height but this is best result I can get  

B10280AD-4EF8-4E6A-82A9-282D3B072B48.png

160973B2-F326-453F-A1FB-1BB7C1436C3E.png

B70F97B5-1879-45F7-8DCA-52B502372ED5.png

45C30237-25EF-4A63-8C29-2288A233CCF1.png

a drag knife plotter drops the blade and pulls it into position like a caster wheel - looks like where the blade drops and not going past - understanding what offset is and setting correctly not based on a particular project is the way to set it - the offset affects how the corners are handled - I don't remember any plotter I have used being outside of the .22-.3 range - so wondering if you are trying to correct a problem with the wrong setting.  use the least blade exposure possible . . . .and then set your offset using the test pattern that almost all plotter have in their menu 

.47 is kind of a big offset.

set your blade depth correctly. slow the machine way down for those tiny 2mm circles.

• Like 1

Test your blade offset on a perfect square. We can't tell from the pics whether the text is supposed to be somewhat rounded or not. I think most of the rolland style blades are going to me more in the 0.35mm range. 

Your pics show some definitive off-tracking. Those multiple copies weeding boxes don't line up very well and they should be. That can be a result of a lot of things. One being too much blade exposure, poor traction on the pinch rollers (but I we recommend not adjusting them without severe care), too much pressure and too much speed or a combination of all or parts of the above. 

• Like 1