Sign in to follow this  
cardudenc

VM cut error shut down pop up

so this is the whole reason I bought scalps4, but I took my orig setup cutter and comp/software home in case I wanted to be at home at night instead of shop. everytime im using Vm cut it ends up having to close. everytime it does I send in a ticket or whatever it asks to do. ive never heard anything back from this. In the beginning was going to upgrade my vm because I mustve dn loaded pro to start with. used it some before activating I guess  because I lost a lot tools. then it wasn't long I started having this issue. again the reason for trying a different software, now im back to using it and its getting aggravating. so any help is much appreciated

Try uninstalling and then download a new copy and install it.  Be sure to save your Product ID or whatever they call it.  I had a problem for a short while where VM would shut down about once an hour. I downloaded a new copy and reinstalled and haven't had an issue in over a year.

sounds about right. Ive now gotten to where I can tell when ive pushed it long enough that will shut dn. pain. what will it do to all my files if I uninstall

I didn't loose any files uninstalling.  But you might want to back them up. I keep all my work files in a different directory than the program files.

do you design in another program or VM ? the 1s im worried about were created and saved in VM. I cant even open them from my other cut program, but of course that could b me. im not a comp guy. I know just enough to do a lil vinyl work, but learning daily. that's y I consider myself a newbie even after doing this for 3 yrs

I started doing my design work in Inkscape, but when I updated to VM Pro I don't seem to have a reason to open Inkscape much any more. It should be noted that I'm not a very good designer and have the artistic skills of an arthritic orangutan.  Someone who can actually draw might not find VM to have enough options.

Once I get in image the way I like it I usually save an extra copy as an SVG just as a backup. I'm always leery of any proprietary format. I ended up with 10 years of cad drawings that couldn't be opened after a computer crash left me without CadKey97 and noting on the market that supported it anymore.  So there's my paranoia,  that, and the native vdoc aren't viewable as thumbnails in other programs.  

If you save your designs to another directory  besides the location of the actual program files it shouldn't be a problem to uninstall.  When you install it probably went to a directory like.... c://Program Files (x86) / FutureCorp / Vinylmaster /    But when I save an image I use one of the "This PC" folders, like  Documents/VinylCutter/ArtWork   Just be sure to do an actual "uninstall" and don't delete it.

im not much of a designer or comp guy,  so when VM cut came with my cutter.  that's what I used to do it all from. then as far as saving , I always just clicked save n VM and typed a name for each project. now using a different program because of this constant error issue .  I mainly only open the program to get to designs I made in it early on, or look up a font from an old design.  I will have to check what type file all this older stuff is saved n

looks like here    C:\Users\Public\Documents\VinylMaster_USC Files\Samples

On 4/19/2019 at 11:18 AM, ShaneGreen said:

Quote >...  the native vdoc aren't viewable as thumbnails in other programs. <

Thumbnails of your vDocs can be previewed with Adobe Bridge.

I tried Adobe Bridge for a while and spent the a lot of time cussing it.  If I added a new sub-directory it didn't always find it, which is a really weird problem for a piece of software to have.  Then it would gobble up resources and bring my system to a standstill once or twice a day.  I tried reinstalling, but it didn't help.  I really wanted it to work, but in the end I began to wonder if it was written for a Mac and ported to PC.  Maybe I'll give it a try again one of these days.

I also had problems with it crashing with large files on my laptop but

it's been smooth sailing on this i7 Desktop with 16 gigs of ram.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this