Eric Doggett

Oramask 813 too sticky?

Hey everyone! Just got a Titan 3 with Oramask 813 and love it! Unfortunately, the Oramask is so sticky that it's pulling up acrylic paint underneath it (acrylic paint on gesso'd board). 

Any thoughts on how to stop this from happening? Or is there a stencil material that's the same (thin/clear) that has no adhesive?

Thanks!!

Eric

On 4/10/2019 at 11:51 AM, Eric Doggett said:

Hey everyone! Just got a Titan 3 with Oramask 813 and love it! Unfortunately, the Oramask is so sticky that it's pulling up acrylic paint underneath it (acrylic paint on gesso'd board). 

Any thoughts on how to stop this from happening? Or is there a stencil material that's the same (thin/clear) that has no adhesive?

Thanks!!

Eric

I've used the Oramask 813 and you're right it is sticky.  I've also got some Oramask 810S Translucent Grey and found it to be less sticky. I use the 813 on enamel (Krylon) painted steel. 

When I tried the 810S on the enamel painted steel it didn't stick to well. maybe it will work for you on the Gesso'd Board. 

I know in the description that Oramask 813 is specified to be used with water based paints but it works fine with the enamel paint.

Oramask 810S is specified to be used with solvent paints but it couldn't get it to stick well to the enamel paint.

Welcome to the forum.

Doug

You're welcome. I hope it works out for you.