troyr

inkscape to signblazer problem

can anyone help me out here? i will try to explain my problem the best i can. in the past i have been able to trace an image in inkscape ( vectorized ) and save to signblazer as en eps with no problems. no that i have a new computer i downloaded inkscape version 0.92.4. after vectorizing the image and saving it in signblazer the image does not appear. i dont know if my settings are wrong,or is there something im missing. would greatly appreciate the help.

Have you tried Postscript level 2 and 3?  If so and no luck can you post the svg and the resulting eps?  Can you take an eps from the old machine, transfer it to the new machine and see if SignBlazer opens it just to make sure it is not a SB problem on the new PC.

yes i have tried postscript 2 and 3. and yes i have transfered all files from old computer and they are cuttable. but anything new i having trouble with

Can we see the files?  Dropbox or Google Drive link or something.  Is ghostscript installed on the new machine?

i can try. im on surface now and the program is on my desktop.

MZ SKEETER can you see if my baseball player file is vecorized

post an .eps file that we can see.    That Baseball Player PVW you posted,  is just a black square in my cutting software

i wish i knew how. i cant seem to find any file that says eps

Then how are you saving your files from Inkscape?  You can save both after you vector.  .eps and svg.  

.eps files can be imported in most any cutting software. 

It has been discussed here many times that SignBlazer will NOT import .eps files created with newer versions of Illustrator later than v.8 and what you are describing is exactly that -- you are creating a more recent version of .eps (from an updated Inkscape) that is not recognized by SBE.

By the way, a PVW file is only for SBE to deal with internally. It cannot be opened by SBE, and is just used by the program when showing previews within the 'OPEN' dialogue window.

• Like 1

i turn them into eps files from inkscape. i didnt have this problem with my other computer. 

11 minutes ago, troyr said:

i turn them into eps files from inkscape. i didnt have this problem with my other computer. 

you should be able to go into your doc folder on your computer and see .eps files.(or wherever you are saving the files to)  Do a search on your computer for .eps

r u saing i need to delete the version of inkscape i have now and load an older version

Well, that indeed seems to be an option to try ----  especially since you had no problems with an older version of Inkscape.

i cant seem to find the 48.2.1 version. tryed the 48.2 and didnt work

thank you slice that was the problem having a newer version of inkscape. i found the old version 0.48.2.1 and it works. thanks everyone for your patients.

Cool.  Y-W.

Although we still are able to use that SBE (abandonware) program, the non-updating limitations require keeping it within the parameters of LEGACY computer software and hardware.

Great that you got it working, but it should work just fine with the current Inkscape. I have 92.2 and can save as an EPS and import it into SB no problems. 

You never said if you have ghostscript installed or not.  Inkscape needs ghostscript for many postscript things.  We here can't say much more without seeing files.  The svg you are using in inksapce and the eps file out of inkscape.  You can use dropbox or google drive or any other such service to make a sharable link.   The forum itself might take a file attachment, but don't know it's limits.

ghostscript is no longer needed with the newer versions, at least not to save and open eps files. It might still be used for some of the other file types.

I use Inkscape , every once in a while, mostly to look at other OPs files on here. Or to try something.  I have never downloaded Ghostscript. It works fine. 

Inkscpae still uses it requires ps2pdf from Ghostscript, to open ps or eps.  This converts it to PDF, then poppler converts the pdf to svg.  You won't see this  if p2spdf is missing, (included in Ghostscript.)

0vQVH.png

I think you are right in that  it is not needed writing ps or eps files.  Saving eps uses some cario component.  It is probably not the culprit here, but some strange loop of saving and opening again in Inkscape could cause grief if ghostscript were missing.  Still can't say much with out SEEING the files.

• Like 1