hotrodharley

need a different font

Want to do my own door no#'s on my stock car and I am lost on how to do it;;new to my viny cutter but wanted to start doing my own..guy in town takes months to get him to do anything for me and overcharged because only one in town and he knows it so I got my own..IT IS LOT OF FUN BUT GETS ME MAD A LOT BECAUSE NOT KNOWING HOW TO DO EVERYTHING IT CAN DO;;[Sorry for caps..didn't relize I had locked on till already wrote a book..LOL].;;I want the no# 92 done this way but insteed of the black outline against the numbers I want a space between no# and outline with space about same thickage as black outline and outline same thickage as the space;;;;can some show Tell how to do this or if have time do it and send me pic so can trace and victize[sure spelled wrong] it;;;can e-mail to darksidefuelaltered@gmail.com....Just got my TITAN WITH VINYMASTER v4;;;;Not as easy as I was hopping...

jakes #.jpeg

Try

Kimberley Alternate (Regular *Oblique)

• Like 1

Cutting vinyl is considered a "skilled" job, It takes skill and experience, that is why prices are what they are, and your trying to do the decals yourself.   You will find that the same questions have been asked and answered hundreds of times on here.  There is a search bar in the upper right hand corner, feel free to use it. 

Outlines was just posted.

• Like 1

I cannot speak as to why your guy takes months to do the numbers for you. It is possible, that he just has too many jobs if he's the only game in town.

Trolling the forum for answers, and searching YouTube will go a long way for "how to" on a lot of stuff.

So, that being said, outside of just posting to this forum, what have you tried?

- Type your text

- Select your text (if not already selected)

- Effects > Inlines & Outlines > Outline Effect

• Like 1

I must tell you, the thing you are seeking to accomplish is called "OFFSET" (where the black outline is separated slightly from the numbers).

The alternative FREE/abandonware program SignBlazer handles this type of operation easily and effectively.
(MANIPULATE menu)

92.JPG

• Like 1

What software are you using? If you can't figure it out from the advise above, let us know the software you're using and someone might be able to give you step by step instructions or point you to a youtube video. There are multiple ways to accomplish this task and it just depends on the software and user preference the easiest way to go about doing it.

Vinyl Master 4 has an outline tool that will easily do exactly what you want. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darcshadow said:

What software are you using? If you can't figure it out from the advise above, let us know the software you're using and someone might be able to give you step by step instructions or point you to a youtube video. There are multiple ways to accomplish this task and it just depends on the software and user preference the easiest way to go about doing it.

OP mentioned that they were using VM, but didn't say which version. I gave them the steps to do so when I tested what they were trying to do in my VM DSR. Hopefully they will give it a go, and learn the process of doing it. :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, haumana said:

OP mentioned that they were using VM, but didn't say which version. I gave them the steps to do so when I tested what they were trying to do in my VM DSR. Hopefully they will give it a go, and learn the process of doing it. :D

There was similar question just a day or two back and it sounds like even the cut version has the outline tool. That's the problem with having a higher level, it's hard to know if that particular option is available.