Karen Powell

Master XY-380P

Well, Craftedge is your tech support for Scalp.    I don't use Scalp and not too many people on here do.  Craftedge has it's own forum for their software.  I don't know of any person on here who uses a Desay Master vinyl cutter either.   I gave you the link for Signblazer, which does have the Desay Master driver in it.  That is all I can offer.  Maybe someone else might have a solution.   Your welcome. 

Just now, Karen Powell said:

Can I Open an svg in sign blazer and cut it from there?

No, Sign Blazer was created before SVG was a thing. You'd have to save the file off as an EPS then import it to SB.

As soon as you click on the link the software starts to download.   Check your downloads.  It is not going to open.  

46 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Does Signblazer have the driver, or just have it in a list. Drivers and cutting software are typically independent of each other. Your best bet is to contact Master and ask for the driver for your model.

http://www.masterwarehouse.com/us/contact_us.html

I am not sure if Master is even in business anymore.  That website has a Thanksgiving schedule on it.  and the copyright of the website is 2016.  Even on this website, they don't sell Desay Master vinyl cutters.  Only name brand,  GCC, Graphtec and Mimiki.   Master is there, but nothing there.  

Update, store is still open, I used google maps, reviews are 3 months old. and bad. People go there and the store is never open. Listed under US tech Inc. 

Just searching on Google, it looks like everyone is looking for the driver for that Desay Master vinyl cutter.   It appears to be mostly questions around 2007.   I am thinking that cutter is about 10 years old or older. 

3 hours ago, Karen Powell said:

I just purchased this plotter used. Does anybody know where I can get the driver for it? Thanks

So, you were able to get it working with SignBlazer, right?

did anyone find the drivers for the usb chipset? betting that will be harder than finding a cutting program on a plotter that old and had very little support back then

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

did anyone find the drivers for the usb chipset? betting that will be harder than finding a cutting program on a plotter that old and had very little support back then

I found an old Ebay ad for this cutter, The user manual said 2005 on the front of the cover and it originally came with Flexistarter 7.

• Like 1

Does the plotter have a serial port? If so, you should be able to use it and not worry about a driver. Typically a driver is only needed in order to allow communication over the USB interface.

15 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Does the plotter have a serial port? If so, you should be able to use it and not worry about a driver. Typically a driver is only needed in order to allow communication over the USB interface.

From Master site

This cable usually need works with our USB adaptor (model: M-usb8) if you computer do not have a serial port.

Important Note:
Master vinyl cutter uses its own serial cable (special pin mapping). Many of the standard serial cable sold by third party doesn't work with master Vinyl Cutter.

• Model: MRS232
  • Manufactured by: Master

Just going from the photo, that looks like an ATEN USB to Serial adapter.

Pretty crappy of them to use a special pin mapping for the serial cable. Wonder what exactly they did. Might just be the "special" pin mapping is just a null modem.