gega

write port error

so I updated my computer from windows vista to windows 10.  I have purchased the Flexi 12 and now trying to get my Aten UC232A to properly read and work on this new computer.  I go through the setup as I would have on flexi 8 which I had before and now when I send it to the production manager it gives me a write port error.  Anyone else have this issue what can I do to fix it?

What are you trying to connect to? (vinyl cutter) Never heard of Aten UC232A,  but if your trying to connect to a vinyl cutter, the only 2 guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter is a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin. Most others will not work with a vinyl cutter. 

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=tripp-lite+Keyspan+Adapter&qid=1554689813&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I used to have a value cutter, and I learned with it and Flexi, that the only time you plug your vinyl cutter into your computer was when the computer was turned off, or it would assign a new com port number,  then the com port numbers no longer matched in device manager and Flexi production manager, 

yes a vinyl cutter a jsi24 which I had and the adapter I have worked on my hp computer with vista but will not seem to work for my Alienware with windows 10

Try fiddling around inside your windows Device Manager and adjust Port assignment manually (advanced properties)

Did you find a Windows 10 driver for that cable? And you installed, extracted and ran it? You know it installed correctly? If so it would show up in your computer device manager. Then reboot your computer. 

The Aten usb to serial is a pretty good converter. I've used a few of them at work and never had issue. As Skeeter said, make sure you have the current/correct driver for Windows 10 installed.