Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jessica

outlining with a different color

Guest Jessica

I am trying to design and cut a race car five but the person wants the outline of the 5 in purple chrome then the top layer 5 he wants black.

I tried orienting a big purple 5 and a smaller black 5 and they didn't line up.

If I use the outline tab on software then it will print an outline in one color all around.

I need this done like today and tech support is not open to chat with. I have the basic vinyl master cut V4.0

I am not familiar with this feature in VM, but you can instantly download and install SignBlazer which offers an easy outline tool, and there is an Export as .eps function (File menu) or you can just cut from that program directly.

go to effects - inline/outline and add your outline in another color - make some registration points like diamonds in each color overlaying each other - then cut both colors - weed them and do like any other 2 color decal layering them.  

• Like 1

Not sure what features the Cut version has. It may not have the outline option. If not you'll have to upgrade or work from another vector software. Inkscape is free and can do what you are needing. VM Pro is really nice and easier to use than Inkscape IMO but the upgrade comes at a cost. 

• Like 1

yes, outline is an option in basic vinyl master v 4.0  I use it when cutting in VM  "vinyl master"  Dakota listed  the directions

• Thanks 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this