Sign in to follow this  
TrackHawk707

Sawgrass 400 ink

So I knew what I was getting into with sublimation and the price of it but who don’t like to save money here and there. so my sawgrass 400 is ready for ink. I been looking on different sites and happy to see many different people have them but in that I was hoping to strike a deal but it’s the same no matter what site $77.00 per color plus shipping. 

Anyone know anything maybe I am missing. If not it is what it is like I said I knew what I was signing up for hahah 

the price is pretty much priced fixed like the high end plotters - unfortunately the first set in the printer takes ink to prime the lines and heads - not nearly as bad as the early ones though - my first ricoh took over 1/2 the carts to prime the lines - new ones are not nearly as bad and it is only one time the lines need filled on the new printer

• Like 1

Sawgrass inks are expensive. Finding deals on them is rare but they are out there. I am not doing too much sublimation with my SG3110dn printer but I know that anytime I need to do some sublimation it will work like new. There have been times when I have not used it for 6-7 months and the nozzle check shows no clogged heads. I have never set it to do any automatic cycles.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

the price is pretty much priced fixed like the high end plotters - unfortunately the first set in the printer takes ink to prime the lines and heads - not nearly as bad as the early ones though - my first ricoh took over 1/2 the carts to prime the lines - new ones are not nearly as bad and it is only one time the lines need filled on the new printer

That explains why after 2 weeks when I got it I had to replace my yellow. I called sawgrass and they told me that was normal. I’m not joking I lost it till I did some more homework and it is maintenance but shouldn’t have lasted only 2 weeks. Long story short I got a new yellow and it seems to be a lot better. I’m due for a first change in C & M now lol 

• Like 1

I paid $119 for 4 full, refillable cartridges along with 4 bottles of ink (one of each color of each). Plugged them into my Ricoh and haven't had an issue yet. That was a year and a half ago. Getting close to buying more refill ink. Colors are spot on. eBay can be your friend somedays.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, jep8fan said:

I paid $119 for 4 full, refillable cartridges along with 4 bottles of ink (one of each color of each). Plugged them into my Ricoh and haven't had an issue yet. That was a year and a half ago. Getting close to buying more refill ink. Colors are spot on. eBay can be your friend somedays.

So you didn't get Sawgrass ink for the Ricoh? Did you get CMYK-4 colors? So glad you found a solution!  : )

23 hours ago, su-z-q said:

So you didn't get Sawgrass ink for the Ricoh? Did you get CMYK-4 colors? So glad you found a solution!  : )

This is what I bought. 

FF3F8CA3-BF3C-4A41-BBC4-7A2AB8A6D6F0.jpeg