Sign in to follow this  
TrackHawk707

Sawgrass 400 ink

So I knew what I was getting into with sublimation and the price of it but who don’t like to save money here and there. so my sawgrass 400 is ready for ink. I been looking on different sites and happy to see many different people have them but in that I was hoping to strike a deal but it’s the same no matter what site $77.00 per color plus shipping. 

Anyone know anything maybe I am missing. If not it is what it is like I said I knew what I was signing up for hahah 

the price is pretty much priced fixed like the high end plotters - unfortunately the first set in the printer takes ink to prime the lines and heads - not nearly as bad as the early ones though - my first ricoh took over 1/2 the carts to prime the lines - new ones are not nearly as bad and it is only one time the lines need filled on the new printer

• Like 1

Sawgrass inks are expensive. Finding deals on them is rare but they are out there. I am not doing too much sublimation with my SG3110dn printer but I know that anytime I need to do some sublimation it will work like new. There have been times when I have not used it for 6-7 months and the nozzle check shows no clogged heads. I have never set it to do any automatic cycles.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

the price is pretty much priced fixed like the high end plotters - unfortunately the first set in the printer takes ink to prime the lines and heads - not nearly as bad as the early ones though - my first ricoh took over 1/2 the carts to prime the lines - new ones are not nearly as bad and it is only one time the lines need filled on the new printer

That explains why after 2 weeks when I got it I had to replace my yellow. I called sawgrass and they told me that was normal. I’m not joking I lost it till I did some more homework and it is maintenance but shouldn’t have lasted only 2 weeks. Long story short I got a new yellow and it seems to be a lot better. I’m due for a first change in C & M now lol 

• Like 1