Sign in to follow this  
Sue2

REMOVABLE VINYL ON BANNERS???

Has anyone tried the removable vinyl on banners? Does it stay on well?

Will it come off easily after being outside in the sun/weather for over a month?

I have a local group that wants to have banners they can change the beneficiary each year for a Rummage Sale they hold.

We already change the dates each year ...but even that little bit is always some work to remove the numbers and also the sticky residue left behind.

Don't think I want to replace a bunch much more lettering with regular vinyl....unless the removable will work well.

Thanks for any advice!

Sue2

Rummage Sale Banner Sample.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBOXQPcLoio  

0:26 the narrator says "Don't leave it in direct sunlight, it turns the adhesive a little bit..."  (meaning, makes it harder to remove cleanly)

• Like 1

make sure to remove the date and beneficiary every year right after the event like slice said and should work

• Like 2

If you can them to do the dirty work peeling that stuff and trying to clean the adhesive whether it's supposed to be water soluble I am skeptical. If it sucks to do they will probably decide to buy new ones sooner. :laugh:

• Like 1

What I used to do to change dates on say a yearly banner was just to slap some white vinyl over the date, and then a new date on top.  Would fix typo's that way too.

9 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

If you can them to do the dirty work peeling that stuff and trying to clean the adhesive whether it's supposed to be water soluble I am skeptical. If it sucks to do they will probably decide to buy new ones sooner. :laugh:

I've thought of that...and it MAY just work.  Only problem there is that they probably won't do a good job of removing the residue and I'll be left with a semi-sticky surface....and have to go over it anyway.

Thanks all

Anyone who needs to remove sticky residue should have a bottle of THIS --

0530150_1?wid=225&hei=225

Yup...got that...it works to an extent...