Sign in to follow this  
X1ArmBanditx

ORATAPE MT80P?

ive been using ORATAPE MT80P but the more i use it the more i think its too tacky, its always kinda hard to peel of 751 and is always pulling up the 751 from any surface i apply to...anyone else use ORATAPE MT80P and have this problem? its suppose to be medium tack so i cant imagine how anyone could use high tack..thinking about a low tack transfer, any suggestions? thanks!

I think of two common errors. 

1. Fully prepare the surface. An final alcohol wipe after a thorough cleaning  is always a good idea to make sure there are no finger prints or other residue. Rubbing alcohol works fine.

2. Pulling the tape off properly. Start on one corner and pull up a little bit, fold it flat against itself so the non-sticky sides are touching and using the tackiness as traction for your fingers slide the folded over portion across or down. This will put the force of removal at a nearly flat angle to the vinyl so you're not lifting the installed vinyl up as bad. 

• Like 2

I run into the issue sometimes as well. When I do, it's usually because it's time for me to age out my vinyl and/or application tape - which means, buy new vinyl and/or app tape.

It happens, and it probably happens to me more often than it does to others on the forum who do this for a living. I'm a hobbyist and 'word of mouth' business, this is not my "day job" so I do not go through vinyl as quickly as others. When I run into this issue, it's usually because my vinyl is old and/or the app tape is old.

• Like 2

I have been using Main Tape,  medium tack for many years, now.  I never have complaints.  I ship everything.  MAIN Tape Is now owned by NEKOOSA. I purchase my Main Tape from a distributor out of Michigan. 

• Like 3