talibulelm

MH SERIES Software suggestion , Memory upgrade

Hi,

I have a MH series have not used it in a long time due to work. Now i am free and wanna get it going. I will be using windows 10, not sure how that's going to work but anyway. I have a Keyspan US 19HS I see there is another keyspan out there should I change to that since ports are different nowadays. I See there is a Signcut M cut for $59 and also and a vinyl subscription for $9.99 , how do i know which to get.  Since it use to stop during cut do I need memory for that or whatever.Any suggestions would help alot . 

Thanks ,

Hey buddy, you can run that machine using (abandonware) SignBlazer and RedSail driver.

Your computer and the cutter may just work with USB, ya neva know!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Hey buddy, you can run that machine using (abandonware) SignBlazer and RedSail driver.

Your computer and the cutter may just work with USB, ya neva know!

I'd definitely give that a try before diving into a keyspan.

• Like 1

Thanks for responding , slice&dice and haumana !

oh really, where can I find signblazer or redsail. Is there anyway to stop it from freezing during cut?

Thanks 

There is nothing you can do about the memory. (I don't think they sell the memory upgrades anymore) That cutter is a bottom of the barrel vinyl cutter with very limited memory.  If you want good memory buy a better vinyl cutter. 

• Like 1

If you're cutting multiples of a design, then what you can do is to break it into batches, so less data is being sent to the machine.

If it's a huge design, then take a look at how many nodes it has, and if it can be cleaned up a little more - re-save the artwork, re-import it, and see where that gets you.

• Like 1