talibulelm

MH SERIES Software suggestion , Memory upgrade

Hi,

I have a MH series have not used it in a long time due to work. Now i am free and wanna get it going. I will be using windows 10, not sure how that's going to work but anyway. I have a Keyspan US 19HS I see there is another keyspan out there should I change to that since ports are different nowadays. I See there is a Signcut M cut for $59 and also and a vinyl subscription for $9.99 , how do i know which to get.  Since it use to stop during cut do I need memory for that or whatever.Any suggestions would help alot . 

Thanks ,

13 hours ago, talibulelm said:

Hi,

I have a MH series have not used it in a long time due to work. Now i am free and wanna get it going. I will be using windows 10, not sure how that's going to work but anyway. I have a Keyspan US 19HS I see there is another keyspan out there should I change to that since ports are different nowadays. I See there is a Signcut M cut for $59 and also and a vinyl subscription for $9.99 , how do i know which to get.  Since it use to stop during cut do I need memory for that or whatever.Any suggestions would help alot . 

Thanks ,

Serial Ports have not changed since the 70's, maybe even further back than that. The adapter you have is what everyone here recommends.

Don't know anything about Signcut M or a vinyl subscription, as Skeeter suggested, Signblazer works just fine or if you want something newer, Vinyl Master seems to work well with the MH series. What about the software you used in the past, it should still work as well.

Seems like I do recall seeing once that it was possible to add memory to the MH, but I don't believe it is simple, or necessary. I have done some extremely complex designs with thousands of nodes and never had a memory problem. So long as the communications to the plotter are set correctly, the amount of memory shouldn't matter.