Dirt Fisherman

Graphtec cutter making random line cuts...

Recommended Posts

changing to any new machine is always some stress - I can't recall if the titan2 even had the sensors to find the edges or If I just set the origin and watched my design widths - - been a while but congrats at getting up and running again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

changing to any new machine is always some stress - I can't recall if the titan2 even had the sensors to find the edges or If I just set the origin and watched my design widths - - been a while but congrats at getting up and running again

Thanks for the kind words.

Ya know... it really doesn't even matter if it can find the edges. I trained on a Graphtec FC2100-50, in 1994. So, I do whatever it takes to get it cut. And I'm sure this machine can get it done. But without any guidance, I'm afraid of causing damage to a brand new unit. When I opened the box, I thought maybe someone forgot to pack the stuff I was looking for. But it turned out that there was no stuff.

Does anyone know of any literature about the control panel, other than the PDF's on the website? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guides located here are about all there is:  https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/folders/14000106614   

definitely no documentation like the old days, remember back then even computers came with books lol - ohh we are dating ourselves.  digital cameras used to come with manuals - first gopro we took on a vacation we needed directions on re pairing a smart remote to the camera and no internet on the ship . . .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

The guides located here are about all there is:  https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/folders/14000106614   

definitely no documentation like the old days, remember back then even computers came with books lol - ohh we are dating ourselves.  digital cameras used to come with manuals - first gopro we took on a vacation we needed directions on re pairing a smart remote to the camera and no internet on the ship . . .. 

Thank you so much for making the effort to help. Really appreciated. 

Yes. The times sure have changed. Only bad thing is... I didn't. How quickly I forget that books have virtually vanished. 

Never thought I'd see the day.

I'm old.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aren't most of us on here - getting old that is

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back.

Boy... I'll tell ya. I had a good look around, and I'm still pretty disappointed with the lack of a knowledge base.

Anyhoo...

I've got VM4 running on a non-internet machine. I went through the motions to have the program activated,

but I can't get anything to load into the preview pane, other than the test stuff that's already there. Of course,

I had to get the program to detect the machine, identify the USB port, etc. I typed out some text in the design

area. And I notice that the cut (blade) icon is grayed out. I was able to save the test file. I even imported an

Illustrator file (which imported perfectly). 

For some reason... no go. I'm obviously overlooking something.

This thing has got me feeling like I've somehow offended it, and it refuses to cooperate until I apologize to

it, and maybe hug it, take it out to dinner? Good Lord.

 

For the love of God... would someone mind holding my hand? Pretty please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have vm on  my design computer but never cut with it - I believe you need to go to vinylmaster under your programs - open vinylspooler and set up your cutter from there - but I am far from an expert on that part.   were the videos in this part of the support section of uscutters website helpful at all?  https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/folders/14000106609


rather than getting frustrated might not hurt to call support while they are still open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 7:14 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

I have vm on  my design computer but never cut with it - I believe you need to go to vinylmaster under your programs - open vinylspooler and set up your cutter from there - but I am far from an expert on that part.   were the videos in this part of the support section of uscutters website helpful at all?  https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/folders/14000106609


rather than getting frustrated might not hurt to call support while they are still open

Call Support?

Now why would I want to do a thing like that? Nooooo! That's entirely too easy.

I would much rather crack a beer, have a seat, and bother the REAL people!

 

Just wanted to update anyone following.

I managed to get this rig running, finally. And I gotta tell ya...

It helps so much TO INSTALL THE CORRECT CUTTER! That entire time... I had SC2 selected, NOT the Titan 2.

After making the correct choice, the bells & whistles came alive. It was a Hallmark moment. No kidding. If any of you

could have seen my behavior, prior to choosing wisely, you'd have grabbed popcorn & a fountain drink. Yeah... it was sad.

 

Anyway... After a few test cuts, I noticed that the offset was too low (rounded, incomplete cuts). Of course, I headed

straight for the calibration thingy. That's where I'm stuck now. That's where you fine peoples come in. I got to the part

where the design shows up on the sign blank. Pretty sure it's a grid, with #'s & letters. Well, I hit CUT IT NOW. It starts cutting...

then stops... and just sits there. Your thoughts?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then crack a beer and go to the top of the layout screen where HELP is.  Plenty of answers and tutorials for helping with your software.  Most any software has HELP and the guides for using the software. There is even a keyword search.   Sounds like your wanting to change the blade offset.  Search blade offset.  There is a tutorial that tells you how to do that.  

PS. I just might be older or close to you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if I remember correctly the blade offset is set on the plotter itself like most of them do - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Then crack a beer and go to the top of the layout screen where HELP is.  Plenty of answers and tutorials for helping with your software.  Most any software has HELP and the guides for using the software. There is even a keyword search.   Sounds like your wanting to change the blade offset.  Search blade offset.  There is a tutorial that tells you how to do that.  

PS. I just might be older or close to you. 

Really, I try my best to not overthink things, or take anything out of context. But...

I'm sorry. Was I bothering you?

Yes... you caught me attempting to avoid more hours of research by coming here & asking directly.

Contrary to what anyone might think... I do know what & where HELP is (who woulda thunk?).

I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to reply, but I certainly could have done without the remarks, that

I took as though I was keeping you from something important with my nonsense. You felt the need to capitalize the

word HELP. Good call. Not sure I would have seen that, or got the hint.

 

Since one of the only two things I can do here is read, I can only take what anyone types at face value.

I may very well be wrong, but it APPEARS to me that your reply was a bit condescending. That's how it LOOKS.

I don't come here to engage in pissing contests, nor do I wish to argue. I come here to hopefully find answers, OR

maybe I can help someone out if I can. If answers can't be found here, then I'm all for being steered in the right direction.

I just don't need to be spoken to, as if it's assumed that I must be just another impatient dolt, looking for a handout.

 

My question was quite specific. I had already searched the knowledge base, and there was nothing to be found.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why you bothered to reply, as you opted to give a standard, non-informed, telemarketer response,

sounding just like someone who couldn't wait to get out of their cubicle. If you didn't have an answer I was looking for... I would

have gladly accepted that, and moved along. No harm done. You could have ignored me completely, and... no harm done. You

have 14.6k posts on this site. Are you any more than a member here? Just trying to understand why you replied like that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took you longer to write this above, than to find your answer.  I wrote HELP, because that  is written at the top of your Vinyl Master layout screen.  You were searching for blade offset because of your corners. I sent you to tutorials after HELP. I also stated you could search for topics, such as blade offset. Blade offset is in the list. Click on blade offset, it takes you to a tutorial that shows you how to set the blade offset.  pictures shown.  Your question was answered, right where I advised you to go.  I had already searched it before I wrote.  I am using a Vinyl Master demo..I use Flexi software, for design and cutting with my Graphtecs.  but I do help others with many other different softwares that I have loaded on my computers.   This is how Vinyl Master shows how to do blade offset in Vinyl Master. I am just following Vinyl Master instructions.  I am just a volunteer here. But I will ignore all of your questions and statements in the future. 

 

blade offset.JPG

 

blade offset2.JPG

blade offset1.JPG

blade offset 3.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

try going into the vinyl spooler section of vinylmaster and the second tab has an area to adjust offset - mine isn't clicked as a graphtec always uses 0 but other plotters typically people start at .25 and move it up or down in small increments until they get a sharp corner on their test cut from the plotter screen

We usually don't get the opportunity to help someone that has been doing vinyl cutting for 24 years - they are usually the ones doing the teaching:unsure:

temp2.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It took you longer to write this above, than to find your answer.  I wrote HELP, because that  is written at the top of your Vinyl Master layout screen.  You were searching for blade offset because of your corners. I sent you to tutorials after HELP. I also stated you could search for topics, such as blade offset. Blade offset is in the list. Click on blade offset, it takes you to a tutorial that shows you how to set the blade offset.  pictures shown.  Your question was answered, right where I advised you to go.  I had already searched it before I wrote.  I am using a Vinyl Master demo..I use Flexi software, for design and cutting with my Graphtecs.  but I do help others with many other different softwares that I have loaded on my computers.   This is how Vinyl Master shows how to do blade offset in Vinyl Master. I am just following Vinyl Master instructions.  I am just a volunteer here. But I will ignore all of your questions and statements in the future. 

 

blade offset.JPG

 

blade offset2.JPG

blade offset1.JPG

blade offset 3.JPG

 

And you spent more time being snotty than answering a simple question.

What difference does it make how long it takes a poster to type out a response? Well?

How I choose to spend my time is MY business.

 

I said, you wrote the word "help" in CAPS, so as to get my attention. NOT because it appears on the program.

Speaking of HELP,  your screen grabs are no different than your initial response, as they have NOTHING to do with the question I

asked. I ran into a bug in the program, and asked for some thoughts. I already knew how the process worked.

 

Did you bother to comprehend anything I said?

You answered NONE of my questions, in typical telemarketer fashion, as you obviously were NOT interested. I don't recall having

seen any screen grabs in the last reply. Ya know... I still can't figure out why you even bothered.

 

"Your question was answered, right where I advised you to go" --  Show me the part where it deals with the program stalling in the middle

of the routine. Go ahead. Show me.

"I had already searched it before I wrote." -- Where did you search, "Program freezes during routine"? Where? Show me, please. Oh! The search

produced the screen grabs you posted? Wow. I got the same result, too. But that's NOT what I was searching for.

 

I didn't come here looking to monopolize you time. I wasn't even looking for YOU. But you sure let me know that I'm taking up space in your

sand box. Thousands of posts, and a superior demeanor. Where do you manage to find the time for nearly 15,000 posts? I'm too busy with

responsibility for that kind of endeavor. I don't know how you are with other posters, but from that last exchange, I still can't figure out why you even bothered.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mz Skeeter,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Moderators, Please close this nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arty-rc said:

Mz Skeeter,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Moderators, Please close this nonsense.

Why? Where's the nonsensical part?

Am I not permitted any rebuttal? No one is forcing anyone to read. I haven't used any vulgar language. 

I am not a trouble maker. My opinions are just as valid as any other's. 

 

I asked a simple question. I was not expecting a condescending answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 6:54 PM, Dirt Fisherman said:

Call Support?

Now why would I want to do a thing like that? Nooooo! That's entirely too easy.

I would much rather crack a beer, have a seat, and bother the REAL people!

 

Just wanted to update anyone following.

I managed to get this rig running, finally. And I gotta tell ya...

It helps so much TO INSTALL THE CORRECT CUTTER! That entire time... I had SC2 selected, NOT the Titan 2.

After making the correct choice, the bells & whistles came alive. It was a Hallmark moment. No kidding. If any of you

could have seen my behavior, prior to choosing wisely, you'd have grabbed popcorn & a fountain drink. Yeah... it was sad.

 

Anyway... After a few test cuts, I noticed that the offset was too low (rounded, incomplete cuts). Of course, I headed

straight for the calibration thingy. That's where I'm stuck now. That's where you fine peoples come in. I got to the part

where the design shows up on the sign blank. Pretty sure it's a grid, with #'s & letters. Well, I hit CUT IT NOW. It starts cutting...

then stops... and just sits there. Your thoughts?

comments should be about the problem - not personality conflicts.  if it continues the thread will be locked

Dirt fisherman - keep in mind the people on here helping volunteer their time (many for several years) when it appears someone is not even trying to find answers themselves they do get frustrated and someone with 19 years of experience they might be expecting them to have a solid knowledge of basic functions - - Most of these people read EVERY post on here trying to help - so long winded replies calling everyone condescending puts people in a defensive mode instead of a helpful mode - 

lets keep the questions and answers condensed without getting personal.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old timers here, are here to help.

We do not know every program out there. we use what we use.

Combined, we do know every program for design and cutting.

In my opinion, grab a beer and click on help is a fantastic idea. There is more in that click than you can get waiting for help from the forum.

In my humble opinion.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

comments should be about the problem - not personality conflicts.  if it continues the thread will be locked

Dirt fisherman - keep in mind the people on here helping volunteer their time (many for several years) when it appears someone is not even trying to find answers themselves they do get frustrated and someone with 19 years of experience they might be expecting them to have a solid knowledge of basic functions - - Most of these people read EVERY post on here trying to help - so long winded replies calling everyone condescending puts people in a defensive mode instead of a helpful mode - 

lets keep the questions and answers condensed without getting personal.

I really want every poster to know that they're not dealing with a short-fused snowflake. I am no troll, trouble-maker, nor smartass.

By the same token, I could only hope that other posters treat me with the same common courtesy that they would want themselves.

I demand nothing. I expect nothing. When I'm wrong, I say it. Apologizing is not beneath me. I am truly a fair person, without an attitude.

And I do realize that customer service is usually a thankless job. 

 

I'm sorry if my need to make sense causes undo eye-rolls & yawns, but there's certainly no crime in it. I haven't called anyone condescending.

I referred to the remarks as such, and to only 1 person, not everyone. AGAIN... To ME, her remarks SOUNDED condescending.

Please, ask yourself... is it possible that she may not have handled her response very well? Is it remotely possible?

 

May I ask why I'm being told to condense? Everyone has the choice of whether they want to read a post, or ignore. I haven't gotten personal

with anyone. I have asked legitimate questions, without attacks, vulgar language, name-calling. I've done none of that. Ultimately, I've really done

nothing wrong, other than defend myself. No need to threaten. I'm sure that if I had actually broken the rules, you would have already locked this thread.

 

When I discovered this forum, I thought I was gonna fit right in. I may have been mistaken. I broke the holy grail of unspoken forum rules:

Never assume that any one member could possibly be wrong about anything, especially if they're liked. That's where I lose the popularity contest.

 

As much as I would like to do everyone a huge favor, and walk away... I like it here. However, I will seek life elsewhere if I've become a problem.

So... here's to hoping I've been understood. Have a good night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason condensing is suggested was if every post is a book pretty soon those that read everything just skip over those.   We like having everyone here - some get along some don't some we have sent on their way when they get personal.   a lot can be said in few words.

Keep in mind - I will say again- This is a user forum and usc staff does not come around but once every year or two when they decide to be a part of it and find out it isn't something you can assign to an employee to spend an hour on every day or three - - all the people that regularly help here volunteer because they want to help others. 
I have been on here a little over 10 years and usc used to have one person run repairs, and monitored and answered on the forum - about 7is years ago he was let go from the company - since then we get promise of company help every 2-3 years and usually last a couple of weeks.   no one on here is paid, they do it to help each other and new members alike.

Now I have gotten long winded and will stop for now
PS a locked thread is usually used to stop some bickering  - a ban keeps people from being a part of the community - so I believe the suggestion to lock the thread was because more bickering was going on in this thread than actual progress toward a solution.  Kind of like 7 post up a suggestion was made by me to help with offset and since then no mention of what was tried or if progress had been made - just a lot of chatter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets just mark this up as it happens. I for 1 am bad, I mean terrible to skim, skip thru if its a long winded post, even tho im bad to them myself. lol> lifes toooooo short my friends, lets get back at the real problem and a solution . most of all back to cutting vinyl.  as a 3 yr newbie, I use the Help button a lot. but with not being  comp guy I still have to pop on here and ask question, I do try and do search for my prob 1st. lots of times im still lost. but more times than any the peeps on here get me straight. Now we did have  if there is a (titan2 expert) on here. wont say he knows everything < but he does research and research everything he messes with like this. only thing he cant help u with is VM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

The reason condensing is suggested was if every post is a book pretty soon those that read everything just skip over those.   We like having everyone here - some get along some don't some we have sent on their way when they get personal.   a lot can be said in few words.

Keep in mind - I will say again- This is a user forum and usc staff does not come around but once every year or two when they decide to be a part of it and find out it isn't something you can assign to an employee to spend an hour on every day or three - - all the people that regularly help here volunteer because they want to help others. 
I have been on here a little over 10 years and usc used to have one person run repairs, and monitored and answered on the forum - about 7is years ago he was let go from the company - since then we get promise of company help every 2-3 years and usually last a couple of weeks.   no one on here is paid, they do it to help each other and new members alike.

Now I have gotten long winded and will stop for now
PS a locked thread is usually used to stop some bickering  - a ban keeps people from being a part of the community - so I believe the suggestion to lock the thread was because more bickering was going on in this thread than actual progress toward a solution.  Kind of like 7 post up a suggestion was made by me to help with offset and since then no mention of what was tried or if progress had been made - just a lot of chatter

Hello Dak. Hope your day has gone well.

This will probably be my last post here. Seriously... I really don't want to find myself opposing anyone here anymore. I think that walking away would be a smart move.

I'm new here, and I've already rubbed some folks the wrong way. I have no desire to make that list any longer. This thread has turned into a dumpster fire.

While I would really like to move on and talk shop, I'm still pretty disappointed. (Cue the "You again?" eye-roll in 3... 2... 1...)

 

Without sounding like a jerk, I would like to ask... What does anything in your post have to do with the issue that's unfortunately been brought to your attention?

" if every post is a book pretty soon those that read everything just skip over those.", "a lot can be said in few words.", "bickering was going on in this thread than actual progress

toward a solution", "just a lot of chatter", we get virtually no around here, everyone is a volunteer, a locked thread is usually used to stop some bickering, a ban keeps people from

being a part of the community... But not a single thing mentioned to rectify why this thread even started. Nothing but deflection, no acknowledgement that a member (other than

myself) may have interacted poorly, back-handed comments, guilt trips,  and "Geez... you think you got it bad?".

 

I write books. I need to condense. I cause others not to read. I bicker. I chatter. I impede progression. I could get threads locked. I might just get banned. Wow! All that,

in just a few short days! Other than being told to not count on the members for help, because no one here gets paid & we're desperate for help, and you wanna side-step

research... I will say again... What does that have to do with my grievance? My entire point has been ignored. The person, who's help I had the problem with, is now represented

by a moderator. 

 

Whoever is gonna tell me, "If you don't like it here... LEAVE!",... you are absolutely right. I understand what's going on. I don't belong here. I do sincerely apologize for any

hurt feelings I may have caused. This is your world. I respect that, and will leave in peace. Best of luck to ALL of you. Take care.

 

/endthread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I may ... posts that are kept short, to the point, and detailed as possible, will expedite the issue trying to get resolved. That being said, as one of the many volunteers here, I always appreciate it when I know, in advance, what steps the the OP has already taken - because that will help to narrow down what hasn't been tried yet. A lot of us will typically start at the same point for suggestions, and then the answers will diversify depending on what some have had experience with.

I value my time, tremendously. I can only imagine that other do as well.

I get that you had a question, and thought it would be quick to get a response out of the forum, however, I could also simply ask, "how do i set proper blade depth?" While that answer is fairly quick, it's also posted in several places on the forum, and can be found if I took the time to search for it. With due diligence searching on the forum, or in a particular software's HELP section (and no, the caps do not mean I'm shouting), a lot of questions could be answered.

For the majority of us who come to the forum to ask a questions, we have already trolled the forum and the HELP sections of whichever software that we're using, and many times, using other software programs before coming to post the questions here. We are also appreciative enough to want to stick around and help where we can. [I am not stating or implying that you are not]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, haumana said:

If I may ... posts that are kept short, to the point, and detailed as possible, will expedite the issue trying to get resolved. That being said, as one of the many volunteers here, I always appreciate it when I know, in advance, what steps the the OP has already taken - because that will help to narrow down what hasn't been tried yet. A lot of us will typically start at the same point for suggestions, and then the answers will diversify depending on what some have had experience with.

I value my time, tremendously. I can only imagine that other do as well.

I get that you had a question, and thought it would be quick to get a response out of the forum, however, I could also simply ask, "how do i set proper blade depth?" While that answer is fairly quick, it's also posted in several places on the forum, and can be found if I took the time to search for it. With due diligence searching on the forum, or in a particular software's HELP section (and no, the caps do not mean I'm shouting), a lot of questions could be answered.

For the majority of us who come to the forum to ask a questions, we have already trolled the forum and the HELP sections of whichever software that we're using, and many times, using other software programs before coming to post the questions here. We are also appreciative enough to want to stick around and help where we can. [I am not stating or implying that you are not]

While I sincerely appreciate your response, I don't think you understood either.

 

Have I broken another forum rule?

A member's post, no matter what forum they're in, will take as long as it takes.

I'm not responsible for anyone's short attention span.

 

There's an elephant in this room. So far, everyone pretended not to see it.

That's why I don't belong here. It's ok though. I get it now.

I apologize for wasting your time. I know you value it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 6:54 PM, Dirt Fisherman said:

Call Support?

Now why would I want to do a thing like that? Nooooo! That's entirely too easy.

I would much rather crack a beer, have a seat, and bother the REAL people!

 

Just wanted to update anyone following.

I managed to get this rig running, finally. And I gotta tell ya...

It helps so much TO INSTALL THE CORRECT CUTTER! That entire time... I had SC2 selected, NOT the Titan 2.

After making the correct choice, the bells & whistles came alive. It was a Hallmark moment. No kidding. If any of you

could have seen my behavior, prior to choosing wisely, you'd have grabbed popcorn & a fountain drink. Yeah... it was sad.

 

Anyway... After a few test cuts, I noticed that the offset was too low (rounded, incomplete cuts). Of course, I headed

straight for the calibration thingy. That's where I'm stuck now. That's where you fine peoples come in. I got to the part

where the design shows up on the sign blank. Pretty sure it's a grid, with #'s & letters. Well, I hit CUT IT NOW. It starts cutting...

then stops... and just sits there. Your thoughts?

 

On 4/28/2019 at 10:02 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

try going into the vinyl spooler section of vinylmaster and the second tab has an area to adjust offset - mine isn't clicked as a graphtec always uses 0 but other plotters typically people start at .25 and move it up or down in small increments until they get a sharp corner on their test cut from the plotter screen

We usually don't get the opportunity to help someone that has been doing vinyl cutting for 24 years - they are usually the ones doing the teaching:unsure:

temp2.jpg

This last attempt to continue solving your issues seems to have not been responded to, so we could continue trouble shooting, as no feedback was provided if that helped your problem . . , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.