I have been using my Laserpoint 24 for a while with no issues up until now. When I cut a file the cutter display shows "Waiting" and there is no way for me to job the cutting head, or return it to "Online" unless I power off the cutter and power it back on. This has become very cumbersome when cutting multiple files and needing to move the cutting head. I am using SignCut Pro 2, and they had helped me with some settings, but put the ball in US Cutters court now. Hoping to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

1 minute ago, ispperformance said:

I have been using my Laserpoint 24 for a while with no issues up until now. When I cut a file the cutter display shows "Waiting" and there is no way for me to job the cutting head, or return it to "Online" unless I power off the cutter and power it back on. This has become very cumbersome when cutting multiple files and needing to move the cutting head. I am using SignCut Pro 2, and they had helped me with some settings, but put the ball in US Cutters court now. Hoping to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

by putting it in  uscutters court you mean you submitted a support ticket? (this is a user forum that is not staffed by uscutter paid staff)  Have you considered using a keyspan adapter for a better communication path from the computer to the plotter?

what OS are you using?

Hopefully you are turning the cutter off and back on between cutting orders. That dumps the data from the last order.  The value cutters have limited memory.  And Yes a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter is advised for a value cutter.  That is the brand name. And guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter. 

Usually that would mean either an overloaded memory or a communication hang up.  Shutting off a plotter will usually reset both.

I've never had a problem with overloading the memory buffer on my LP2.  It's cut jobs that took over two hours.  And It's not uncommon for me to go all day, sending dozens of cutfiles  to it without an error.  I used to turn it off between orders, but found it wasn't necessary.  Then again, I use VinylMaster Pro and I'm not sure how the different software manufacturers handle buffer clean up.

So unless it's a ginourmous file, I'd suspect a communication problem.  Try Mz Skeeter's advice and get a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter, it seems to solve most usb chipset issues.  You might also try just changing out the usb cord and making sure that you don't have a bunch of excess software running.  I tested out a high-end thumbnail viewer for a while, but found that when it was open my HP printer would lock up with a waiting error.  The viewer was chewing up resources .

It is kinda hard to know which Laser Pointer the OP is talking about.  The original Laser Pointer was made by Creation.  It was a Creation Pcut with a Laser on it.  The LP2 was made by Liyu.  Not sure who makes LP3

• Like 1

1. Which version of LP do you have?

2. What OS are you running?

3. How are you currently cabled to the LP?

4. How long is your cable?

5. Have you tried changing your cable?

6.If you're willing, would you mind posting the file you're trying to cut?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It is kinda hard to know which Laser Pointer the OP is talking about.  The original Laser Pointer was made by Creation.  It was a Creation Pcut with a Laser on it.  The LP2 was made by Liyu.  Not sure who makes LP3

betting on the LP1 as the first post was about 2010 when they bought a lp24.

Hmm ... if that's the case, my first suggestion would be to try going from serial to usb or vice versa, depending on which one was giving them the issue (of course using an appropriate keyspan if necessary). I had to change from serial to usb when my LP started to act up.

my sc cutter has started doing this when I try cutting with scalps 4. when using my orig copy of vinyl master I have no issues. I do cut my cutter off. im not doing but 1 job at a time anyway, very lil. im connected by usb. windows user