Wind Gatherer

Setting Blade Holder Into Cutter

Just did the test cut and that was fine, didn't go into the backing, vinyl peels off easily. Also manual says 4. Firstly testing, the holder bracket rises around1/8 inches.When you press " origin key, the bracket will fall down, release the key the bracket will rise up again.It means the carriage and cutter bracket can work properly. Just did all that and all does as it should.

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Wind Gatherer said:

Just did the test cut and that was fine, didn't go into the backing, vinyl peels off easily. Also manual says 4. Firstly testing, the holder bracket rises around1/8 inches.When you press " origin key, the bracket will fall down, release the key the bracket will rise up again.It means the carriage and cutter bracket can work properly. Just did all that and all does as it should.

Cheers.

Yes, it takes the correct driver to work.  glad you got it. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 7:52 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

" The cutter can't be operating correctly up against the red button on the right. Move the carriage head several inches to the left. . And then turn the power on."

I just did that and the cutter moved back against the red button. 

7 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

What are your results? 

It had Seiki T series not T720 only option was to select T series and I deleted the US cutter choice.

2 minutes ago, Wind Gatherer said:

It had Seiki T series not T720 only option was to select T series and I deleted the US cutter choice.

Yes, I know that.  I downloaded a trial of SCALP and saw it.  I posted it. 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Are you pushing the ORIGIN button before sending your file, test cut?  You must. 

No I didn't do that, should I hold it down continuously, same with send a pattern to the cutter?

Why must I do this? As it did the test cut OK?

Yes, I know that.  I downloaded a trial of SCALP and saw it. 

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Yes, it takes the correct driver to work.  glad you got it.  Would having the US cutter driver instead of the correct Seiki caused it to chew up the vinyl like it did?

Sure thing, thanks :)

You always have to push the ORIGIN button before sending a file.  That determines the starting point of measuring your design. That is where X Y zero out. 

• Like 1

You always have to push the ORIGIN button before sending a file.  That determines the starting point of measuring your design. That is where X Y zero out. 

OK so just push it down but not hold it continuously down? Would having the US cutter driver instead of the correct Seiki caused it to chew up the vinyl like it did?

4 minutes ago, Wind Gatherer said:

OK so just push it down but not hold it continuously down? Would having the US cutter driver instead of the correct Seiki caused it to chew up the vinyl like it did?

Yes, the wrong driver can make the vinyl cutter do wrong things.    Look at the display.  Your cutter should look like X 0  , Y 0.  You just push it. That is setting your Origin. The start of your measuring the design.  

That takes experience.  Bring the vinyl across in front of the cutting strip .  You do not run it against the side of the vinyl cutter.  Make sure the vinyl roll is tight, even put your hand in the roll and make sure it is tight, Pre feed the vinyl the amount of the order and back.   Make sure the pinch rollers are equal distance from the vinyl edge. about 1.25 inches or close.  Use the arrows and prefeed the vinyl back and forth. Never be pulling directly from a vinyl roll while cutting. Always have enough vinyl slack to do the entire order. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

That takes experience.  Bring the vinyl across in front of the cutting strip .  You do not run it against the side of the vinyl cutter.  Make sure the vinyl roll is tight, even put your hand in the roll and make sure it is tight, Pre feed the vinyl the amount of the order and back.   Make sure the pinch rollers are equal distance from the vinyl edge. about 1.25 inches or close.  Use the arrows and prefeed the vinyl back and forth. Never be pulling directly from a vinyl roll while cutting. Always have enough vinyl slack to do the entire order. 

So I roll the vinyl up as tight as I can?As tight a roll as I can get it and make sure is taught when I do the initial feeding in?

Thanks.

Try and picture pulling tin foil, wax paper or anything else out of the box the roll comes in. Just like that.

Sorry don't have a picture of that.

no. you want to have slack in the vinyl, basically enough for the design your cutting versus pulling off the roll.  yes, you set the origin to start on the corner of the vinyl you have loaded. like everyone has said it isn't supposed to dragging the side of the cutter. sorry I forgot to load a pic of mine with the cover off. I will go get some of mine loading vinyl and setting the origin, wrong or right  its how I do it. lol

• Like 2

Maybe I can load and describe theses right. 

1st pic - loaded vinyl machine off, pinch rollers go anywhere but in between the grit rollers where the white markings are at.  pic 2 - power turned on, carriage moved to switch.  pic 3 - current settings on screen.  4th Pic - pressing the leave button to move carriage manually to set origin on vinyl. '"ignore dirty hands, just finished putting on a set of brake pads"  5th -  pressing button to move carriage to lest. 6th - carriage where I want to set origin. 7 th - screen showing carriage position.  8 th -  pressing button to set origin position.  I didn't have my comp with me to do a cut, but if not mistaken it was all set. all needed next was to hit cut in my software. im using scalps with all my other cutters, for some reason now my sc cutter doesn't like scalps anymore. if anyone knows anymore or better way than what I just posted, please feel free , I have no feelings to hurt, lol. like I stated in my other post, im not positive this is the correct way, its just the way I learned to do it. similar to my US Cutter SC model.. Ive only made 2 cuts with this cutter since I dn loaded the proper drivers and got it cutting. and again that was with the help of the great peeps on here. I think I would prob still be just cutting text if not for the help from everyone on here. now I can pretty much cut anything I want.

BB18E610-0477-48B8-9D46-8B5660330EA5.jpeg

C0109948-2303-4198-A4B2-104ECBCDE233.jpeg

0F5F4E7A-227F-4733-B020-2FB4E32426FF.jpeg

06AF3BB9-3A0D-49FE-A389-83E6DA0D590C.jpeg

281C893F-483C-4B21-9C7C-CA233F1F8CBF.jpeg

BEAD7D9B-A9D2-4078-91A1-6805720296C2.jpeg

7B65D470-0A31-43A0-A03F-F1CD67A24DD5.jpeg

8E42112E-7A08-4F28-AEE4-BDD4DA8677B2.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wind Gatherer said:

I'm still not sure how I go about squaring up the vinyl to the machine?

I can take a pic if needed, but this is how I square it up on this cutter and my sc cutter, because my seiki only has a ruler tape on the front of the machine, my SC isn't true going by the lines on the tape  front and back. I guess it was built on a fri. old car biz joke. but who ever that put the tape on mine def didn't care about having it true. must be manufactured at 1 of the Chinese sweat shops .

I take a little ruler and measure the vinyl from inside edge to the edge of vinyl on the cutter front and back of the cutter, then jog the vinyl back and fourth to make sure its running true. 

Nice description Cardudenc.  Just an FYI for someone using another type of plotter, double check  what the white pinch roller decals indicate on your machine.  On your  Seiki  and SC it's where NOT to place the pinch rollers since there is no grit roller under the decal.

However, on an LPII and some other machines the white decals show you where the grit rollers are.  LPII pinch rollers have to be UNDER the decal.

• Like 1

trying to pay it forward, I wouldnt know that info if I hadn't recently traded for a seiki and just set it up myself. almost every hobby I get in to I mess around buying/trading/ and selling. I always learn more doing that.  

my gcc  the white marks the location where to put the pinch rollers.

3 hours ago, ShaneGreen said:

Nice description Cardudenc.  Just an FYI for someone using another type of plotter, double check  what the white pinch roller decals indicate on your machine.  On your  Seiki  and SC it's where NOT to place the pinch rollers since there is no grit roller under the decal.

However, on an LPII and some other machines the white decals show you where the grit rollers are.  LPII pinch rollers have to be UNDER the decal.

• Like 1