elpelon

full sticker cutting / tool position

On 3/22/2019 at 11:49 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

Not trying to be a smarty-pants, but...

Actually, die-cutting is different. It's the grandfather of vinyl sticker cutting.

In the good old days, screen-printed & single-color decals were made with a die.

A die was a piece of wood, with a sharp, metal blade that was formed to the shape of the decal.

This blade was embedded into the wood (to hold it all together, uniformly) & pressed against a

piece of vinyl. With enough pressure, it cut the shape of the decal. Until the advent of the vinyl

cutter, stickers were cut using metal dies that were fabricated based on the design.

Sorry Dakota. That blurb was for everyone's growth.

1 hour ago, Dirt Fisherman said:

Not trying to be a smarty-pants, but...

Actually, die-cutting is different. It's the grandfather of vinyl sticker cutting.

In the good old days, screen-printed & single-color decals were made with a die.

A die was a piece of wood, with a sharp, metal blade that was formed to the shape of the decal.

This blade was embedded into the wood (to hold it all together, uniformly) & pressed against a

piece of vinyl. With enough pressure, it cut the shape of the decal. Until the advent of the vinyl

cutter, stickers were cut using metal dies that were fabricated based on the design.

Sorry Dakota. That blurb was for everyone's growth.

that is exactly what the article I posted shows - die cutting with steel dies

Just now, Dakotagrafx said:

that is exactly what the article I posted shows - die cutting with steel dies

And that's what I get for not scrolling down.

Saw the top pick. Assumed there was nothing else.

I am an a$$hole.

My bad.

not an asshole - look back at how many post I didn't read all 2 - 3 pages of responses and jumped in with something already covered - - - it happens - sounds like you might have already started on the 12 pack :)

PS every 3-4 months I have a bad day and become an ass but usually better the next day or after a break - it happens

2 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

not an asshole - look back at how many post I didn't read all 2 - 3 pages of responses and jumped in with something already covered - - - it happens - sounds like you might have already started on the 12 pack :)

PS every 3-4 months I have a bad day and become an ass but usually better the next day or after a break - it happens

Yes. Yes I did. I'm on #3. I'm a cheap date.

Sorry about that, Dak.

• Haha 1