Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brandon

Vinyl Master Pro

Guest Brandon

Hello, I am working on decals for work and So i have created the my first word and then places a black block below the words and put more words in the black box. How do i set it up to where it cuts the words and box all as one instead of having a cut that i don't need? The black box is slightly over the bottom of the letters and i don't want that top line of the box to be cut. I have attached a picture of what i need it to look like, hopefully it can be opened.

Police Car.vDoc

If your going to post a file.  post it as an .eps.  A lot of us don't use Vinyl Master.  An .eps can be imported into most software. 

• Like 1

Guest Brandon
8 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

If your going to post a file.  post it as an .eps.  A lot of us don't use Vinyl Master.  An .eps can be imported into most software. 

Like this, I am sorry, I am still learning.

Car.eps

if I'm understanding correctly I believe you just have to highlight the whole design and merge / or join and it will basically imprint the text in the box.

1 minute ago, TrackHawk707 said:

if I'm understanding correctly I believe you just have to highlight the whole design and merge / or join and it will basically imprint the text in the box.

I have grouped the image but it still shows the top line of the box under the letters

In VM you would select the word "Police" and the black bar.  Then "weld".   This will make it all one big piece.

"Weld" is found in the side menu, near the bottom.  The icon is two white, overlapping boxes.  That will open the shaping and welding tools.

• Like 1

Just now, Brandon102 said:

I have grouped the image but it still shows the top line of the box under the letters

Grouped it basically making them moveable together after you set everything where you wanted it and keeping it locked to one another. every program I have used has been a little different but its called merge or join do do what I believe your trying to do.

Just now, ShaneGreen said:

In VM you would select the word "Police" and the black bar.  Then "weld".   This will make it all one big piece.

"Weld" is found in the side menu, near the bottom.  The icon is two white, overlapping boxes.  That will open the shaping and welding tools.

missed that one too lol Weld will do the trick !

"Group" makes them one big basket of parts that is treated as a whole.  But they can later be "ungrouped".  ie. "Kids, get in the van."

"Weld" permanently joins them.  ie. "you've got simese twins."   Ok, that's a horrible anology. . .

• Haha 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this