Wilson

Help Please!

So my computer has been a little flakey lately and now for some reason I can't get rectangles or circles (maybe other stuff) to draw right.  I opened a file I was working on previously and that's where the 2 circles cane from.  When I try to draw a square all I get is a dashed outline.  If I click outside of the square it looks like it disappears but if I highlight the area it selects it.  What am I doing wrong here?  Does the same thing for circles and it doesn't matter if I use an existing file or start from new.  Any Inkscape users know what causes this?

20190320_215152.jpg

I'm no good with Inkscape but is it possible that you are accidentally in a text box rather than regular drawing?

Thanks for the replies, I'll try that tonight when I get home.  I don't think I'm inside a text box as I have used the selection tool to select the background before I use the rectangle/circle tool.

You might have opacity set to zero, but I am thinking you have just set the stroke color to none or "no fill."  Right click on a color on the palate bar and pick stroke or Shift+Click a color to set the stroke color.  You might have also set stroke width to zero.  Change it to something non zero if this is the case, (I like using 1pt most of the time.)

• Like 2

Darcshadow for the win!  It was the opacity that was set to zero.  What a PITA... I don't know how it got set that way, it was at 100% one day and 0% the next.  Thanks for the help.

dcbevins, thanks for the tips on the stroke color/width.

• Like 2