kctrader

Need Font Help Please

Anyone recognize this one?  I can't get a good scan on any of my font searches due to the lack of contrast.  Thanks for any help.

paul.jpg

Find My Font says:

Tenby Four (Regular Bold)

Thanks for that.  Did you do anything special to get Find My Font to recognize it? 

I tried 5 or 6 times and all I could get it to read was the circles in the P and A.  Never could get a clean scan of it. 

Nope, didn't do a thing to make your text better...FMF had no problem recognizing the letters.

• Like 2

There are setting that allow you to adjust how detailed it will be and you sometimes have to hold the shift key and hit another part of the letter if something didn't come through. 

• Like 1

due diligence. you could have cleaned it very quickly in PS, to isolate the text only, then sent it a font finder program. you would find that taking a few minutes to do that can go a long way.

4 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Thanks.  I'll have to dig deeper into that.  I've been using the phone app.   Is it the PC version that has more adjustments?

I haven't used the app. On the pc there is a slider right above the image that lets you decide what selection value you want it to allow. I don't think it appears until you load an image. Softer images require lower values. Obviously the more crystal clear the image the better return you get. I have occasionally chosen one or two very distinct letters and hand traced them out to submit so I could get the whole font. Doesn't always work but a little effort makes a difference. 

• Like 1

same for me as wildgoose said - they also just had a big upgrate for the windows version - had it for years and it just keeps getting better.  how can you beat that for the price!

• Like 1

Ha ha! I bought it twice because I totally updated my mac after the HD finally gave out and the new system was incompatible but I didn't waste any time or have hard feelings about getting it back on the computer. 

13 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

I haven't used the app. On the pc there is a slider right above the image that lets you decide what selection value you want it to allow. I don't think it appears until you load an image. Softer images require lower values. Obviously the more crystal clear the image the better return you get. I have occasionally chosen one or two very distinct letters and hand traced them out to submit so I could get the whole font. Doesn't always work but a little effort makes a difference. 

Thanks.  The app appears to be substantially more limited.  I'll have to grab the PC version.  Appreciate the input.

All apps have to be pared down for limited memory, processor power etc - nature of the beast.   hard to compare my Ipad to an 8 core processor and 64gb of memory on the computer

I think the app has all the same features at the bottom as the PC program. It just takes a lot of tinkering to get it right sometimes.

Screenshot_20190321-230306.thumb.png.0724d31a4b623653b9ecec1666d6d762.png

I took a photo of my monitor, which always comes out poor, adjusted the contrast to the left until 3/4 of the letters started turning blue and here are the matches

Screenshot_20190321-230322.thumb.png.bb7c97b74d348b269af01d4b11047e8b.png