KaylaL

I have tried it all!!

Hey all!

Co-worker brought in his cutter for us to use at the shop and I am having a hell of a time trying to figure it all out. I have downloaded the signblazer on my main computer and a laptop and the file will not pull up at all. I have converted it to an eps, ai, jpg,  tiff and dxf and nothing is working. At first it would pull up the image but couldn't go to the cutter due to the bitmap in the image. downloaded inkscape to vectorize it with no bitmaps and still noting. Got the Adobe illustrator installed and saved the file like that and still nothing just a black box. I have tried transferring the file by just clicking on it and dragging it over and still NOTHING!! I have watched all the Youtube videos that are in English and searched here but can't seem to find what is wrong. Please help because I'm ready to blow it all up! 

No mention of which cutter.  That makes a big difference.  Signblazer has not been updated for many years, and it will not be as the owner passed away years ago.   Can only use older version of files like version 8 .eps  

Have you tried just basic shapes and text that you create within SB? Need to figure out is this a cutter/software issue, or just an image issue. JPG and Tiff are raster image formats and can not be cut. EPS and AI are vector formats, but they can also contain raster images, which sounds like you've figure out already.

• Like 1

Did you set up the cutter to use on Signblazer,  download the drivers etc.  Match the com port number in the computer device manager to the com port number in Signblazer?  Do like Darcshadow says,  just do some text or shapes and make sure it is connected properly.    

did you vectorize the image or just try to convert it - huge difference and I think where everyone is heading 

Well, looking at the image posted above, my first suggestion would be "plug it in" (no power cord attached in the picture!!!!!)

• Haha 4

it is plugged in and that is not the problem. The image on the import screen is just a black screen.

Capture.PNG

Did you actually try to open them? The preview screen does not always work, and I'm not sure it shows previews for anything other than sbd files anyway.

• Like 1

I just check, and on mine anyway, EPS files do not have a preview, they are just black but import just fine.

1 minute ago, darcshadow said:

Did you actually try to open them? The preview screen does not always work, and I'm not sure it shows previews for anything other than sbd files anyway.

yes i have and nothing is loading at all. I tried opening it as full postscript interpreter and postscript scanner and nothing shows up. I go to the cutter view and there is nothing there.

What version of AI file is that? I can't open it in SB, but I could open in in VM and Inkscape. I then converted it to EPS and it imported just fine in SB.

SB is OLD and you have to use the old version of ai files as well as eps files.

11 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

see if this ,eps file works    There is a line on each side of the logo,  not sure if they are supposed to be there. 

JDP_LOGO1.eps

Tried the file and it still isnt showing up.

11 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

What version of AI file is that? I can't open it in SB, but I could open in in VM and Inkscape. I then converted it to EPS and it imported just fine in SB.

SB is OLD and you have to use the old version of ai files as well as eps files.

How do I get it to save as an older version?

Are you opening or importing the files.?  I thought you had to import to SB.   I could be wrong. I don't really use it,  just have it on my computer.   I have converted files before  for people with SB and they were able to import them. 

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Are you opening or importing the files.?  I thought you had to import to SB.   I could be wrong. 

Both! No dice :( 

9 minutes ago, KaylaL said:

Tried the file and it still isnt showing up.

How do I get it to save as an older version?

When you go to SAVE AS, .ai should give you options to save in different versions.  Search online for your version and see how to do it. 

Here is a legacy version 8 eps file saved from Illustrator. The lines on the side were removed. 

Between Skeeters and that one you can rest assured it is not the file. Something else. 

JDP_LOGO1b.eps

Ms Skeeter is correct, SB can only "open" SB files, all others have to be imported. I tried opening her EPS and I got the same as you, just a blank screen. Wildgoose's file import just fine. 

4 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

Ms Skeeter is correct, SB can only "open" SB files, all others have to be imported. I tried opening her EPS and I got the same as you, just a blank screen. Wildgoose's file import just fine. 

I exported the file from Flexidesigner10.  as an .eps.    I didn't make any  changes to it.  

2 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I exported the file from Flexidesigner10.  as an .eps.    I didn't make any  changes to it.  

I had the same results.  Wildgoose's version opened fine and cut.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kctrader said:

I had the same results.  Wildgoose's version opened fine and cut.

Maybe my .eps version is too new of a version for SB, 

• Like 1