Sign in to follow this  
Beekercat

Hi from Kate in Florida

Hi!  I’m brand new and looking for advice on a machine to purchase; I’m thinking that it’s come down to the Titan 3 or the Graphtec ce6000.  I am very familiar with design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and have used a Cricut Maker and Air 2 (not sure if that’s opening me me up to ridicule on these forums or not, lol) but I’m looking to expand and be able to do more.  Thanks in advance. :)

• Like 2

If you can afford the Graphtec CE6000,  go with it and don't look back.    I have a couple Graphtecs,  and bought 2 for my kids.  Great cutters and no problems.  They hold their resale, if you decide to sell later.  Great tracking, cutting detailed designs,  great memory very quiet and accurate.

• Like 3

Welcome from Idaho. I lived in FL for a couple years. I don't miss the heat though. Or the bugs. 

I'm a fellow Illustrator user. The Graphtec is pretty much the fan favorite if you have the funds. They have a free plug-in for Illustrator that lets you just cut right from the program. I think there is also a free offering of Graphtec Pro Studio with some machines. 

• Like 3

Graphtec all day long. You won't be sorry. Not to mention a lot of the members here have it, and can do some pretty awesome troubleshooting if necessary.

• Like 3

Another strong Graphtec fan here - have had 2 ce6000-60's - I just upgraded the first one after 3 years on general principle as I have always updated equipment regularly 

• Like 2

Definitely graphtec. I myself started with a titan after a few years I wanted to upgrade and I needed a little more so I ended up with the graphtec ce6000-60. I actually still use my titan to this day but for simple designs and all that to save my blade on the Graphtec. Blades can be expensive and I figured if I can save the life of my graphtec as well as blades by using the titan for simple stuff it’s a win win. Lol well anyway welcome and good luck. I’m new myself and the men and women here are awesome! 

• Like 2

Hello Kate from Florida.

I would have to agree with most here that have mentioned the Graphtec plotter.  They are very good machines.

That said you mentioned that you used a Cricut Maker.  I believe they can be used to cut all the way through card stock and some plastic sheets used in scrap booking.

Any of the vinyl plotters that are mentioned are strictly for cutting through  vinyl and not the backing paper.  

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

Well, you CAN cut clear through if you get a circuit cutting board or similar. And the Graphtec and other higher end cutters offer what is often called a Kiss Cut that will cut through the backing in spots and leave connecting pieces in between sort of a bouncing motion but that is mainly used for printed "sticker" type work and WILL cause cutting strip wear very quickly. The people who do that sort of thing generally ONLY do that sort of thing so fine detailed cutting is less critical and they probably get by with a chewed up cutting strip longer than the rest of us would put up with. Or they are large enough operators that they have a completely different fine cutting machine they don't abuse that way. 

• Like 3