Sign in to follow this  
TrackHawk707

Screen Printing ?

13 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

TrackHawk, for example, let's take your own Forum image here (the car front). Where is that from? Did you create it? Do you own the rights to it?

I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee so my honesty to you is I just googled jeep and took this for profile picture use only. Sorry if that was against the rules. 

19 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

possible those watered marked are designs that they made. Maybe others are designs that they purchased and can resell. Or from the public domain library. 

Yeah that’s what I was assuming. I plan on not using them but I would just like to know to protect myself and do the right thing by anyone. I’m not here to steal and I know copyright is pretty much everything like you said so you got to just tweak and come up with your own original flavor. Or of course get permission 

5 minutes ago, TrackHawk707 said:

I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee so my honesty to you is I just googled jeep and took this for profile picture use only. Sorry if that was against the rules. 

I already knew that..  A google reverse image search shows most all of the sites that the image is from.   Copyright/trademark lawyers know all about google reverse image search also.   

3 minutes ago, TrackHawk707 said:

It's not against any rules, because of a little thing called "fair use" provision of copyright laws. Many educational and noncommercial uses are considered fair to reproduce (especially in this case, where you are just putting it here as an avatar).

In my opinion.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I already knew that..  A google reverse image search shows most all of the sites that the image is from.   Copyright/trademark lawyers know that also.   

Least I was honest about it right lol 

but no I understand appreciate all the information and little refresher course. Didn’t no about that google reverse you are talking about. So if it’s not traced back to anything is it technically a free use ? 

"So if it’s not traced back to anything is it technically a free use ?"

Uh, no.

1 minute ago, slice&dice said:

"So if it’s not traced back to anything is it technically a free use ?"

Uh, no.

Lol ok I will be looking into a lot more stuff I’m building my own brand (well trying to) and I want to make sure it’s as original as I can to protect myself. back to google I go to make sure whatever I create isn’t somewhere out in the internet already.  

Google is not all-seeing and all-knowing.

Look at it this way -- I take a picture of my garden. I send it via email to my cousin. She then places it on Facebook. Someone grabs it and prints invitations to a large Lawn&Garden Convention event with my image accompanying all their promotional materials.

THAT is not 'fair use' and I would sue. And likely win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Google is not all-seeing and all-knowing.

Look at it this way -- I take a picture of my garden. I send it via email to my cousin. She then places it on Facebook. Someone grabs it and prints invitations to a large Lawn&Garden Convention event with my image accompanying all their promotional materials.

THAT is not 'fair use' and I would sue. And likely win.

I want to see this garden you speak of. Is this the weed killer convention? :police::ph34r:

• Like 1

Considering it is snowing here, that pic looks great.

BUT! I don't believe you and I think that pic could have a copyright on it. >:D

• Haha 1

You guys rock it’s nice to come to a page and be able to talk and actually learn a thing or two. Thanks for all the feedback again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrackHawk707 said:

You guys rock it’s nice to come to a page and be able to talk and actually learn a thing or two. Thanks for all the feedback again. 

We try to help as best we can.

Unless you ask how to get the scratches out of your vinyl records. I don't think (I could be wrong) any of us have rotary vinyl cutters.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, bikemike said:

We try to help as best we can.

Unless you ask how to get the scratches out of your vinyl records. I don't think (I could be wrong) any of us have rotary vinyl cutters.

That of course would be the rotary vinyl cutter with a true USB allowing the cutter to interpret the original intended sound with a 1 second delay allowing the cutter to re-cut the groove back to original.

The blade of course would have to be set by the copyright “skeeter method”

I joke, but the skeeter method is real, so is the true USB and so is most of the information you are going to get on this forum.

As far as the rotary vinyl cutter goes, my idea, my copyright.:wacko:

I think I need another beer.

• Like 1

I believe your actual question is simply about the stock designs offered by FM to buy and use. I think those are aimed at the sidewalk vendors that set up in various beach fronts or along boardwalks and flea markets etc... I think it prudent to have a chat with them about the uses allowed but if they are offering them out for retail production they SHOULD be safe. FM is pretty big and would be a target if they were doing something silly.  The watermarks might be to help with online screen capture and maybe they only had them on some or maybe those particular are under a different license agreement, only they know for sure. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

I believe your actual question is simply about the stock designs offered by FM to buy and use. I think those are aimed at the sidewalk vendors that set up in various beach fronts or along boardwalks and flea markets etc... I think it prudent to have a chat with them about the uses allowed but if they are offering them out for retail production they SHOULD be safe. FM is pretty big and would be a target if they were doing something silly.  The watermarks might be to help with online screen capture and maybe they only had them on some or maybe those particular are under a different license agreement, only they know for sure. 

Yes that’s exactly what I was aiming towards and I thought about it and your right I’m sure that they should be safe because your right I see that they are a big company and it would be super silly of them to be that lenient  with selling designs like those stocks. There is a section that actually says as seen on amazon, as well as most popular. Like I said I don’t plan to steal anything but it’s good to know at some point down the line if someone asks me for something and FM some how has it I can use it to save time depending how many are needed and know that I’m covered and not breaking any sort of copyright or rules. 

I got F&M’s sample sheet this past weekend and I finally had time to text the formula that I was interested in. Let me tell you I’m super impressed and I just hope it holds up to the wash test. I did go a little high on temp but that’s cause every review said to raise it as well as I saw a lot of YouTube videos showing the issues. So off the bat I put it to 355 with heavy pressure for 10 seconds and it came out beautiful. Clearly this is now a demo shirt and I don’t own the rights to this logo it’s just clearly what they sent me in the free sample packaging. Lol 

713CABDA-07E0-4387-A501-3611BD6913F5.jpeg

36F64079-27B8-41CC-8E98-1E05F6815A89.jpeg

F49C63BE-67D8-4B34-8352-63075ED3BB93.jpeg

• Like 3